Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think JL should come out with a series of big cars. they can call it "land yachts" or something like that and have '70's eldorados,chryslers,mercurys,imperials,caprices, all the old big cars.

then they can use the castings for a demo derby series or something, too.

just my two cents

M

·
0 Posts
how about a one with the El Camino and the Ranchero, both had some nice cars over the years....Just a thought

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd like the land yaghts. I'd also like a series of 80s-90s sports luxury like the Lincoln MArk VII LSC and Eldorado, Mercedes equivilant, ect.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also like the el camino/ranchero idea. if they came out with a '78/79 el camino, i would buy every one i could find!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Make mine a 66 Imperial Crown 4 door, that`s what the Black Beauty was made from so it shouldn`t take much to redo it.

Don

·
Registered
740 Posts
Considering the "land yacht" has taken on a different shape in the last few years - they're now the giant SUV's like the Excursion and Yukons. I guess that'd be the "Then & Now" pack - a 1976 Cadillac DeVille next to an H2.

·
Registered
788 Posts
79_elcamino said:
i think JL should come out with a series of big cars. they can call it "land yachts" or something like that and have '70's eldorados,chryslers,mercurys,imperials,caprices, all the old big cars.

then they can use the castings for a demo derby series or something, too.

just my two cents
As a big car fan, I'd love to see that.

A 75 and 76 Buick Lesabre or Olds Delta 88, 77 and 78 Ford LTD and Marquis (no fender skirts!), or and of the big Mopars (Gran Fury, St Regis). Even the downsized big cars of the later 70s and early 80s woud be cool in my book, like a 77-78 Riviera or Bonneville. I'd really like to see a 77 Olds Delta 88, as long as it is proportionate and detailed, unlike the 77 JL pace car :(

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I would buy all of these that I could find. I'm a big fan of huge cars. My daily driver is an '85 Caprice, and I had an '84 Grand Marquis before that... and they aren't even the REALLY big ones from the '70's. Land yachts rule.

Oh, and wouldn't it be cool to modify the newer Caprice casting to make it a WAGON... paint it up like a whale and call it Shamu...

better yet, do the mid '90's Roadmaster wagon and put the wood trim on the sides...

--rick

·
Registered
788 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
I would buy all of these that I could find. I'm a big fan of huge cars. My daily driver is an '85 Caprice, and I had an '84 Grand Marquis before that... and they aren't even the REALLY big ones from the '70's. Land yachts rule.
Very cool... I almost ended up with an '84 Caprice as my first car, a two door at that :dude:
ParkRNDL said:
Oh, and wouldn't it be cool to modify the newer Caprice casting to make it a WAGON... paint it up like a whale and call it Shamu...

better yet, do the mid '90's Roadmaster wagon and put the wood trim on the sides...

--rick
That would be very cool, with the way they can change the grilles a Roadmaster version of a Caprice wagon would be very possible. How about an Olds Custom Cruiser too :thumbsup:

BTW: I like your user title :D

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
Got my first ticket in a Land Yacht -- 27 over in a 400/4bbl 1976 Chrysler Newport :D

'Doba

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Ya you bet I'm up on this for sure. I'd go bigtime for a new Olds Toronado casting all years between 66 and 77, especially if it were a convertible. The Delta 88 and 98 convertibles would be cool as well. Also the Buick Rivera and Wildcats from the 60s and the Cadiliac Eldorado 69-72. I love all those big block front wheel drive monsters for sure.

Gary

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I'd love to see some of the land yachts. Especially the big '60s and '70s station wagons with simulated wood side panels (Ford Country Squire, Chevy Impala/Pontiac Catalina, Olds Vista Cruiser, Chrysler Town and Country, AMC Matador, Dodge Monaco Crestwood, etc.). And a demolition derby series would be cool too.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I thought I had posted on this thread, but I was wrong. I think that these would be cool:

'70 Newport convertible
'70 Sport Fury or Fury II 2Dr. Hardtop
'67 Impala
and what I would really like to see.........

a 1967 Catalina 2+2 lie this:

Sorry folks, I can't seem to attach the picture I wanted to show you.

There! I think that worked!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
big boats came. JL must watch this board some :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts