Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys gotten this new ornament? I thought it was a pretty good miniature, considering it is an ornament. It is fairly large (for an ornament) and comes with its own stand for "non-tree" dispaly purposes.
:wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The box says Dark Horse comics. I got mine from bigbadtoystore.com. They list it as a pre-order, but it is more like a re-release because I got mine a few months ago.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
I got mine some time last year. I don't know about absolute accuracy but, with a decent repaint, this ornament could be made into a real showpiece and it's far less expensive than the Stargazer Models kit.

There's also a variant version that'll be available in June, "dressed" like the scene in Serenity when they were flying through the Reaver ships:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DH14686#LargeImage

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
I got mine this year. I makes a nice addition to my growing collection from Firefly/Serenity. As mentioned, a decent repaint will do it a real justice, since it is really a prepainted model. I will keep mine as done, and just build my Stargazer model, since I bought it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I bought some of these as Christmas presents for friends. They are indeed beauties!

Calling them "ornaments" is something of a misnomer. They're far too big and heavy to hang on any but the stoutest branches; but they make excellent desk displays.

I got mine online at Thing From Another World.

Highly recommended!

M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts