Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
met a local last week at one of the walmarts i hit every sat.nice guy and we started talking about doing some trading.went over to his house and got tons of MBs.one was somthing i never heard of.it's from a 5 cars line not sure when they came out called matchbox originals authentic recreations.the one i have is #1 A MOKO LESNEY avenling barford road roller.anyone know anything about this set.?

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Absolutely. They came out in 1992 as Matchbox Originals to commemorate (almost) 40 years of Matchbox. I believe they used slightly different wheels to separate them from the regular wheels line (or so that scalpers and dealers couldn't ask crazy prices?). I don't think they're particuarly rare but I do find them nice and collectable. From what I see online, you should be paying around 10 dollars each, mint on card, or less than that on average.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutely. They came out in 1992 as Matchbox Originals to commemorate (almost) 40 years of Matchbox. I believe they used slightly different wheels to separate them from the regular wheels line (or so that scalpers and dealers couldn't ask crazy prices?). I don't think they're particuarly rare but I do find them nice and collectable. From what I see online, you should be paying around 10 dollars each, mint on card, or less than that on average.
thanks.i did find some online all ranging for 4 to 14 $ mint in the BP like the one i just got.would like to get more down the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts