Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, these were released in the mid-to-late-1960s. I can't recall a more exact date, though. Yours is in very nice shape, too--great find!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Nice shape for sure!

My book says it came out in 1965 and ran until '69 and is called the Jeep Tower Truck.

Three other applications for this truck was;
1. Converyer belt truck
2. Tower Truck (with a different sort of "tower" or boom on it)
3. and one with a canopy over the bed towing a horse trailer

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The same bodyshell was used in the early 1960s with a different catalogue number & different baseplate that lacked suspension.An ugly truck,
I always wondered why Corgi made it and never saw any real ones on european roads.Was this a commercial success in the US for Jeep?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Really? I allways thought these were cool looking!

They were sort of a rare sight even here in the U.S.
I've only seen a handfull my whole life.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
A book I have says only 3296 Forward Controlls were made for the 1963 model year.
A really low number for a U.S. vehicle.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Jeep FC Series wasn't terribly successful. And ugly? If they're ugly, they fall into the "so ugly they're cool" category.
"So ugly they're cool" Yeah, I can see that.

I also think these Corgis are "ugly-cute"!
That one's pretty cool too. How are the tires on yours? Mine seem to be VERY brittle and one is flat on one side.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I don't have a ton of Corgi's, but about 1/4 of them have dried out and cracked tires.
The majority of them are ok though.
They probably don't hold up as well in drier climates. (?)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Some of my other Corgi tires are cracked, but not this one. The conveyer belt has cracked apart though... :-(

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
This is just the coolest truck!! Anybody know what year it came out?

I fail to see the ugliness of this truck. I always thought it was as cool as a moose. I've bid on one of these a few times on eBay but never won the bid. Congrats with your cool find, Steve...

:wave:

Latest Jeep concept vehicle shows that there is still some life left in that design:

That is a very sharp-looking truck, PW. Thanks for posting the pic - I read an article about this a while back but hadn't seen a good photo. Kinda Unimog-ish...

:wave:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
That is a very sharp-looking truck, PW. Thanks for posting the pic - I read an article about this a while back but hadn't seen a good photo. Kinda Unimog-ish...
Freekn amazing, ainnit?!?!?!?!? I love it BIG time!!!
So refreshing to see stuff this cool FINALLYYYY coming outta Detroit.

How about this one? Have you seen it?

This one I would actually buy if it came out...and that's saying aLOT!

Others I found while looking. Never seen these Concepts...noice!!!!!

Nukizer 715 (!!!!)

Apparently this is a production Jeep? Not for the U.S. though...of course. Says made in Egypt for the military only....dangitt.
The Wheels are even perfect.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Lesney could have done their Gladiator in more colours than just red.......
The Corgi FC150 came in 4 colours, the green already seen with suspension & yellow seats & cherry picker was in production at the same time as the deep blue with red seats and suspension however these 2 were first issued without seats and without suspension in pale blue as a plain truck and in red with the cherry picker. Not expensive to buy on ebay and certainly less in demand than most others of those days.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts