Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

By the end of this month we will be running a contest as a celebration of our first year on Hobby Talk as the Computer Generated Modeling Forum. We are looking for some suggestions for what kind of Contest to be running and what people would be willing to do for a contest.

Thomas of PNT/Thomas Models will be donating $50.00 worth of Free decals and I will be donating an Ertl DS9 Kit MIB and a PL TOS Enterprise snap kit MIB as the prizes.

Please post your suggestions for the contest here.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I propose that the winner must model a fully integrated Shuttlecraft Galileo from the first "Star Trek" series (that's interior and exterior). And I further propose the contest be a contest for speed as well. I'm thinking... oh... 24 hours to get your entry in.

How's that for an idea? Oh yeah and just so it's not too exclusionary, you physical modelers can enter too. :roll:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
The shuttlecraft was such a successful thread, with all the research compiled from it, I think it would be a waste not applying some of that. How about a shuttlecraft contest using info from the thread and no, you can't use the AMT or Resin Ranger kits!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
While I realize this is the Computer Assisted Sci-Fi & Gen. Modeling forum, I'd like to respectfully suggest you not limit it to CG models only. Some of us are pretty lacking in skills/software in that area and can only participate with a physical model, so wouldn't be able to participate.

Sorry, don't have any other suggestions at this time. Good luck to everybody!

- - - - - -

Jeffrey Griffin
Griffworks Shipyards

Star Trek Scale Modeling WebRing

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Four Mad Men said:
I propose that the winner must model a fully integrated Shuttlecraft Galileo from the first "Star Trek" series (that's interior and exterior). And I further propose the contest be a contest for speed as well. I'm thinking... oh... 24 hours to get your entry in.

How's that for an idea? Oh yeah and just so it's not too exclusionary, you physical modelers can enter too. :roll:
Okay, then yourself and Thomas Sasser will probably be the winners, depending on who can render/glue fast enough!!!

Maybe that contest could even bring Phil out of the shadows!!! :)

... you out there Phil?

Hope the guys at Boeing didn't ship you to Iraq to help refit those Predators!!!

...(and if they did, I swear I was just guessing!!!)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Welcome to the "Predator Brief". One thing that I've seen in other contests is the rule that you can't use textrues (i.e. let the modeling speak for itself). Now although those were CG contests the intent of that rule might be worth considering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts