Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well for you poor folks that cannot make it to the Fest we have a contest.

It will end after I get home from the Fest. The usual one guess per person per day will apply. No Editing. Contest starts now so get guessing.

Simply guess the time of the X Traction that will be the fastest at the Fest on my road course and which body style it is.

The First place Prize.....The third Fest Camaro X Traction I get. (I'm keeping the first two)
Second prize... next closest guess.... A members Club Mustang. (When I get them)

Third prize....a Members Club Gold Cuda.

.........And for you Die-Cast guys alternate prizes.......

You can choose either the Slot car (yea yea rah rah) or

First place:The Fest '62 Ber Air
Second place: A Postal W/L Elcamino
Third place: some other car I happen to pick out. (to bad it's free so get over it)

.......And for you Glue heads......

I will try my best to find a fair prize for youz to.

GOOSE CHICKEN �

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Hey Goose,

I think you probably told us this before and this is not to help with the contest, although it could. What size door did you use for this track?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
micyou03 said:
Hey Goose,

I think you probably told us this before and this is not to help with the contest, although it could. What size door did you use for this track?
It's not actually a door but it is 32"x60"

The base is Luan the sides are pine and it has insulating foam routered to lay the track inside the foam so no gaurd rails are needed. The Timer is a Ninco and made for 1/32 cars which had to be cut down to fit the HO track. Since the timer was made for the huge 1/32 guide pins accuracy is only 95% as sometimes it will miss a complete lap. But the times for laps that get counted are perfect. Imagine cutting a $120.00 timer just to run it on HO track??
Its so light you can pick up and carry it with one hand no problem.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hmmm,
Lets see now--take the weight factor, add the drag, figure the wind resistence, compute the down-force, allow for slippage, adjust for temperature, factor in the refresments, re-calibrate sun-glasses, and there you have it!
I'm gonna guess the fastest time will be with the JL late model Stock car.
The numbers?....4.29--what else ;)
Thanks Goose, for the contest and thinking of us poor souls that won't be making the Fest this year.
Thank you...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Have to have hand surgery otherwise I'd be there, have to remove the carpfrom the tunnel... 3.30 with the Tom Lowe Monte Carlo...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts