Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can we get most of the contest car pics all in one thread?

dave_anto364 entry #1

dave_anto364 entry #2
dave_anto364 entry #3

·
7,461 Posts
Thanks hankster!

I only had time to finish one, the second one is ready to paint but I've had a lot going on.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Fairlane pics

I hope these show up....
This first custom is my version of a '66 Fairlane Wagon.."Shaggin Wagon".

I started this project, intended to make a Ranchero out of it...then the customizer in me took over....

Some of the features this custom has are...See thru roof,trim fitted interior,rearwheels/tires from a T-jet500, Color changing..Violet to Olive green paint, my custom printed decals, and if you look real close you can see a bed & color t.v. in the rear.
And the number decal is'nt 69...If you look closely it is a"Twisting 66"...since this is a family show.

What a blast this has been...Thanks GOOSE_CHICKEN man!
all the entrees are Saaawweeeeet!

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The Monster

Here's the one I previewed about a month ago...Dadvball(Bill)was the lucky sole who got his name for it decaled on it....Thanks Bill,and all who had great suggestions.
It's mounted on a T-jet chassis, it's Fairly Fast & fun to run...just slow down for the corners or....roll over.
The tires/wheels are from a Galoob MicroMonster Bronco,the supercharger & gasser are from an old R/C Superbird, and it has a trim fitted interior from a HWs '56 Paneltruck.

The "NO FAIRlane" monster Ford.....

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ron's cars
The orange car has the full pullback chassis and is a combo of two Fairlanes. It has a JL Roadrunner rear bumper, features a driver dash and stereo speakers in the back window.

The convertible has a full interior from a Cigarbox donor car, the four people are Preiser seated people. Boot is a resin copy of the JL Mustang & windsheild from a JL Mustang. It also has a pullback chassis radically ground down and the pullback motor is removed. rear wheels naroowed to fit inside the fender skirts. The skirts are bondo the tires clear them and it does roll.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Russell's car is rusted primered and battered. It's even for sale. But this diamond in the rough might have been sold by now so don't get your hopes up to high.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts