Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a single peg of cars a few weeks ago, our local Meijer has 9 full pegs of GL MCG! Moving up, and moving up FAST. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I've been seeing 2-3 cars at K-Mart. guess you have to be lucky to get there quick, before they get picked over.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I wonder if the production of 3500 on this last release is truly correct? I purchased my set from one of our OLD's, but since then I have picked up another 6 or so cars at various local K-Marts. How far can 3500 cars spread around?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
My local Meijer's had 4 pegs full. Picked up the black with flames Corenet, white and black 442, and the orange Camaro concept.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
My local KMarts have nothin' ... Nearest Meijers is around 50 or more miles away in Illinois ... Do they have a locator website ??

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think the productions #'s are correct.3500 cases of cars can go a long way.
1000 to OLD's. 1000 to Meijer. 1000 to Kmart. 500 to TRU. Just a thought.
Plus all the solid pack Concept Camaros in red and black colors.

Regards, DrDeal

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
pms485 said:
After a single peg of cars a few weeks ago, our local Meijer has 9 full pegs of GL MCG! Moving up, and moving up FAST. :thumbsup:
I saw the same thing at a Meijers near me... granted, we are in the same state..

..but is this the best, or even a good thing? Today all these cars are still just sitting there, it's all just the one series, so there are like 4 or 5 of each car...of course there are no Green Machines, all scalped out probably before they were even on the pegs... and no one is buying them.
Then there is the other guy who says he's never even saw one GL on the pegs...

and here, seems like the Greenlight collectors are an intelligent crowd, unlike a moranic Hot Wheels collector who would buy all 10 of exactly the same car, for a reason no one has seem to figure out.

so again, is a good thing? is Michigan some kind of test? Have a feeling these cars are gonna be there for quite a while, at 4 bucks each... not a good test so far...wish we could send half these cars to Maryland!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I haven`t seen any here either.However one of the locals goes to Gastonia,NC and picks them up everytime.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've seen 3 greenlights on the pegs at tru, kmart has 2 pegs but nothing on them yet. :rolleyes:

WLf

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I just got my first GL at Meijers today. :thumbsup:
The red 65 Coronet 500.
Also had the 67 Hemi Coronet, left that for another day.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
we had 4 cases come through before christmas at k-mart. since then, nothing at all. there are still 4 cars left. that's out of the original 48. there were 3 greenmachines i know of.

they are doing resets now. i'm told there are many pallets of toys lined up in storage in the back, to be put out after resets are done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts