Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you know, orders for the 2007 ADDWC Charity car started Friday night. For the past seven years I have never had any casting or program at least cover costs when associated with LightningFest in any capicity. I always heard it was about the people and if we moved on and kept things going people would still respond and be a part of the association. That is exactly what we are doing and in many regards improvements have been made.

The ADDWC casting this year had so many "firsts" applied to it and was so cutting edge it was without a doubt the most exclusive factory casting ever made which includes anything done under either show name. Yet this morning I have orders that didn't even come up to half the costs of production? Honestly this has never happened before in the history of the show. I thank all of you who did order from the bottom of my heart but I'm standing here today with real concerns that "the show is about the people" was really lip service as long as the latest JL Camaro was made.

For the first time ever, I have to take serious consideration in ending a program and refunding the money on orders because the show itself can't afford to float programs since it is a self supporting show. At this point I am asking that we step up or we lose this portion of the program.

Feel free to ask any questions by private e-mail. [email protected]

Mark

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I ordered this morning, before I saw this. I was trying to decide if I wanted the chase car or not... which I did. :wave:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The biggest hurdle for me to order generally tends to be that I can't pay by Paypal. Heck, I would even pay a couple extra bucks to be able to Paypal simply because of the hassle for me to deal with actually mailing an envelope with something in it (time, stamps, etc. I don't mail anything else these days and the hours I work don't make it easy to get everything together). Other than that, maybe I just don't check this board enough, but I wasn't aware that the castings were going on sale Friday (I mostly spend time on the JL board these days). While I'm not crazy about the Vega (I am a bit partial to the FC Maverick), it is about supporting the cause, and I will order a set, but it may take me some time to get you payment (unless Rob has a way to take paypal and then I'll send you $30 for a set).

I don't think that people are not buying these because of the casting/manufacturer directly. I think a lot has to do with the fact that Motormax/Fresh Cherries just don't get the same attention that JL does with those that have normally supported "Lightning Fest" in the past. For instance, Opel sells some pretty nice cars, but they don't sell the volume that Ford does in America because they are not all that common with the target demographic. You are selling FC cars to a bunch of JL fans and it is a little out of the comfort zone for a lot of people. That is just my take on the situation. I wish you continued luck and I hope I can make it to Auto Fest one of these days. :thumbsup:

1up

Edit: Well shucks! Maybe I should pay attention to the stickies from time to time! I just get used to seeing stuff at the top of the page and skip over it. I guess I'm just not that observant. Sorry about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts