Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
our local club rc3 has gotten the green light to have oval races at our local quater midget track!!!! our first race will be this sunday april 1st... there will be electric classes only no gas type cars allowed at this time... classes--- pan car, touring car ect... anything as long as there are 3 and it is electric...

direction to the track--- http://www.hqma.org/DIRECTIONS.html
club info--- www.rc3racing.com

track should be blown off and ready to practice on 9-9:30am racing starting 12:30-1:00pm...

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
those pics are great over on their website of the track. I wonder if someone would let us put a radio in one of those cars and race?????:roll:

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
looks like a great GASCAR, .09 and Quarter scale track! How is the surface for the little cars?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we are not currently not allowed to run the gas cars on the track...we have had some discusion about them with the hqma directors... their concern is the fuel getting blown onto the track and changing the racing surface for the hqma racing cars... anyone have any info on the gas cars and the gas fuel that might get onto the track on race day? as for the 1\10th scale pan cars it is way smooth enough for them we did some practice laps last week and i used 3 green and a red lr and it ran rather well on a dust track...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
-DC- said:
we are not currently not allowed to run the gas cars on the track...we have had some discusion about them with the hqma directors... their concern is the fuel getting blown onto the track and changing the racing surface for the hqma racing cars... anyone have any info on the gas cars and the gas fuel that might get onto the track on race day? as for the 1\10th scale pan cars it is way smooth enough for them we did some practice laps last week and i used 3 green and a red lr and it ran rather well on a dust track...
Just my damn luck, I'm in the process of getting a Nitro Pan car as we speak and can't race @ my home town track, guess I'll have to sell the thing and get me another electric ride, anyone going to run the 4300 brushless class? Is there going to be a race schedule released?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
havent measured the track for a run line yet only been on it with my car 1 time... we will have all that figured out this weekend... as for night racing there isnt any planned as of right now... check out www.rc3racing.com for the schedule... as for brushless we would have to wait and see what shows up to race.most likely it would end up being stock motors 4 cell but 3 or more makes a class... come 1 come all!!!!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I just did a step measure the time I went out there, and it was about a 420' runline. Of course that is give or take a little.

Should be a blast to have races on.. Come on out and give it a whirl..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
i have heard that also... were are currently working on getting gas cars approved... i would really like to have a 1/4 scale myself... maybe if we could present them some of the cars for inspection and let them look at what might if any gas/fuel/oil if any at all would be left on the track...

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
I bet after the first race in Mtgy, the Coyote Pack could make a trip up there to demonstrate the 1/10th Nitor cars to them. I would bet we can get some of the 1/4 scalers to show up as well.

·
Registered
987 Posts
We had a great race yesterday. liquid sunshine appeared a couple of times but we got the racing in. Hope to see all the out of towners again the next race!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Todd there was some good racing yesterday @ the Huntsville "Crete" Oval Track, thank you for all your set up help and good batteries & motors, can't wait till the next race. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 183 Posts