Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finnaly finnished this kit, Here are some photos. This is the first of the toybiz kits I have built. In all not too bad of a kit. I reversed the figuers they seemed to fit on the base better this way.

:dude:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow! I love it! Cap has always been one of my favorites, and you have done an incredible job. Your shading is excellent, and really brings the figures to life.

- Cappy D

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Great work, Drag! The repositioning definitely works well! Very nice paint job, too. Fantastic choice of colors. Thanks for showing it.

Wayne

·
Registered
110 Posts
Captain America

Great job, Drag! I also own this kit but have not started building it. I have 2 points to make/suggest.

First of all the blue part of Cap's costume is actually made of chain mail. The box art indicates there are raised detail to simulate this but when I looked inside there was not any. Drag did you use any special painting techniques to simulate the chain mail look? And if no, does anyone have any suggestion how this can be done?

I have seen another posted pic of this model where the builder put coloured hair gel inside the "brain jar" with the skull -- a great way to simulate boiling liquid chemicals and a cheap and effective gimmick.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
viper said:
Great job! :thumbsup: What was your method for painting the shield?
Shield = Sand , Prime(I use kyrlon white sandable primer it makes for a great base coat and being white it is easy to cover and it won't affect the true color of the paint). The entire front of the shield was then painted gloss white. I used bare metal foil to mask the star,the white ring was masked using 1/32 chart pack layout tape (this tape comes in several widths from 1/32 and up and is very flexible) I then painted the blue around the star once this dried i masked over the blue and painted the remainder of the front and the rear of the shield red. Once the masking was removed there was a small amount of touch up required but it was very minamal. once it was fully dry I polishrd it with a polishing kit and finally I clear coated it. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts