Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
It's the same one as:

Samlex or the $99 Radio Shack one....

They work great and are light weight switching power supplies.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Tres is right, same as the Samlex/Radio Shack model.
Great bang for the buck.

Mine went bad after about a year and a half, not sure what happended, but it just quit working all of a sudden. I know alot of guys who have them and never had issues.

Another solid Option is the Team 1, 35 amp supply. But its a bit more pricey about $145

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
team one power supplies are rock solid... we havent seen on die yet....

other wise check out www.ramboy.com they have 13 amp power supplies for 25 shipped to your door.. i had two of them for over a year.. i ran two pitbulls on one, and a t 30 on the other.. never had a failure.. they are solid.. a bunch of locals have them to.. never a problem...and for 25 bucks u cant complain

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48708&item=5708094981

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
any charger will run on a power supply rated at its charge rate... so if u charge at 10 amps.. u need at least 10 amps power...

the only reason u will need a higher power source, is when u break in a motor... if your motor pulls more amps, then the power supply is rated at. there can be problems...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Just saw the new power supply in Chicago at the I Hobby Expo and it realy is a nice piece and should work fro almost every situation......

Billy

·
Registered
993 Posts
saw one today at the hobbyshop, they look good, look like the others that size. i imagine there jus as good if not better, CE. has a good reputation as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rivergate huh? Are those the ones that sound like crickets at night?

Seriously tho... thanks for the input from all, it's been helpful. Are the Comp Elec. supplies really a Radio Shack piece in disguise?

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
burbs said:
other wise check out www.ramboy.com they have 13 amp power supplies for 25 shipped to your door.. i had two of them for over a year.. i ran two pitbulls on one, and a t 30 on the other.. never had a failure.. they are solid.. a bunch of locals have them to.. never a problem...and for 25 bucks u cant complain
Burbs, just bought one, ok it doesn't have a plug, what should I use??

Thanks

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I have a Team 1, 35 amper as well, great unit. Only gripe it is kinda awkwardly built.

I just got one of the ones like Burbs mentioned above from ramboy.com
13 amp unit with voltage adjustable from 10.8-13.2 for $26.50 shipped you can't beat it. Plus it is nice and small and lightwieght, perfect for taking it to the track.

Only complaint is that the unit does not come with a cord, so you have to find a cord (I used an old lamp cord, 2 prong) and hooked it up and she fired right up.

Great buy if you don't need a lot of amps!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts