Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such value lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, and that life isn’t always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple financial policies (don’t spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing government regulations were set into place. Reports of a six year old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student only worsened his condition.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, and criminals received better treatment (at the cost of taxpayers) than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot - she spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a huge settlement because a judge hadnt known Common Sense.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility and his son Reason. He is survived by two stepbrothers, My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

its a real shame not many have known Common Sense. are you one of the few who did or are you one of the ones wishing you had have?,,,,,,,with any luck,,,,,we can keep Common Sense alive within our hearts and daily lives,,,,,just try and remember Common Sense,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
lmgdao :lol:
Man,I remember the days when as a kid we got slapped to teach us and we learned.. now raise your hand and you get threatened by the kids :(

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I knew "Him"...
I thought "He" had been "failing " for quite a while.
Maybe "He'll" be reincarnated?..As something called"Wisdom"?

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Mr. Common Sense was a moral and upstanding citizen that believed in God to. As long as the secular society and media interest that have you believe, up is down and left is right - along with, there are no absolutes in the world, then society won't see the thorns that will punture there feet and make there eyes bleed as they are lead down the Primrose deadend road. Mr. Common Sense was courtious, kind and respectful - to bad the words "Under God" is being taken out of the mouths of school children, and the idea that "Jimmy has to Dads"/ Moms" - is being tought to be alright and normal. Hopefully and somehow the breathe of Mr.Common Sense will return strong and with a big stick to beat out immorality and those that support it. :) Ah- He's just pushed aside right now, smartalick so called Leaders think they have a better way to live right now and until they are shown to be wrong, we will all Pray for the best.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
RacerJoe said:
Mr. Common Sense was a moral and upstanding citizen that believed in God to. As long as the secular society and media interest that have you believe, up is down and left is right - along with, there are no absolutes in the world, then society won't see the thorns that will punture there feet and make there eyes bleed as they are lead down the Primrose deadend road. Mr. Common Sense was courtious, kind and respectful - to bad the words "Under God" is being taken out of the mouths of school children, and the idea that "Jimmy has to Dads"/ Moms" - is being tought to be alright and normal. Hopefully and somehow the breathe of Mr.Common Sense will return strong and with a big stick to beat out immorality and those that support it. :) Ah- He's just pushed aside right now, smartalick so called Leaders think they have a better way to live right now and until they are shown to be wrong, we will all Pray for the best.
Ummmm ... Mrs. Common Sense just read this, and said:

"Mr. Common Sense was just a guy who knew that you don't stand in the middle of the road at rush hour, and stuff like that. I'm not sure that he would say that all this talk about religion, morality, and respect is what he was truly all about, and someone can have two Dad's or two Mom's and still have common sense..."

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
The answer is real simple...

Actually common sense is still here. It is simply shackled down by trial lawyers, activist judges and groups and organizations such the ACLU.
And lastly blame the common folks that have given in to these groups to run your life, their life and everybody else's life.
And before anyone here lumps this into yet just another of modsquad's political rants or tirades, I ask you to think again of those examples cited by Larry (or any of the miriad of problems this country faces both local and national) and find the root of the problem. Look real close.

You will come to the same conclusion as I have.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
From what I've seen, some people are just too mamby pamby. There are lots of opportunities still out there. In this country you can even make your own.

Some folks don't wanna accept responsibility for themselves. Some folks do get a raw deal and it really isn't their fault. The thing is, you gotta learn how to adapt. Life has been hard for me. I could tell you some stories about how messed up my childhood was. I like to think I have good common sense. I'm doing pretty good, considering where I came from and what I've done and been through.

Big corporations and government are a little out of control right now. I'm just waiting for the pendulum to swing the other way. You can help to make it happen. Be aware of what is going on around you. You can be part of the solution.

Adapt.

I guess that's my speech for now.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Ummmm ... Mrs. Common Sense just read this, and said:

"Mr. Common Sense was just a guy who knew that you don't stand in the middle of the road at rush hour, and stuff like that. I'm not sure that he would say that all this talk about religion, morality, and respect is what he was truly all about, and someone can have two Dad's or two Mom's and still have common sense..."
Common Sense also says:- Two of the same Gender can't make an Offspring, so it isn't Natural to be raising one and trying to teach the lifestyle to an unsuspecting child while portraying it as Normal. Mr. Wisdom says to look back in History to see how the Greeks and Romans came out as a society when they excepted it. As for morality and respect, common sense says if you don't utilize them in certain situations, you could find yourself in heap of a mess with your rear moved up between the shoulder blades, or worse yet in todays world -lead to some unnatural holes protruding though you. As for the Religion part, whether we like it, or not, it does teach a lot of Common Sense and morality. Afterall, isn't it were the "golden rule" came from- "Do unto others as you would have done unto you" sounds very sensible to me!

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have to say i used Common Sense alot as i have passed thru my life,,,yes its bad to use like that but i did it. but i think that Common Sense will be OK with me doing that,,,that again is using Common Sense. its not really good to use people in life but its OK with Common Sense. and i agree with you racerjoe,,,its not ever good to give any child any reason to believe that its OK to have homosexual parents raising you as "their" child. that again is using Common Sense. a "good" homosexual parent would tell the child that its just simply not normal to be a homosexual,,,,on second thought,,,a "good" homosexual would not include raising a child at all,,,that again is using Common Sense. it sure is nice to have had Common Sense be a part of my life,,,,,how about you?? remember,,,using Common Sense has always been OK with Common Sense,,,,so its OK!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts