Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will act as the "committ" thread and will be what you are committing to build.

State the name (or a hint) of the kit and manufacturer (if you know who it was produced by) in the thread.

I need to see what I'd like to build for this...I have a few I'd like to get done!

I'll put my "committ" in this thread shortly!

At this point....I'M IN!

MMM

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
OK, I'll go with the Moebius Bride kit as well. I do have to finish up a contract job but I hope to do that by the end of the weekend. It will also have to share my bench top with three or four other projects I have in work as well but I will definitely finish by the end of the year and likely by the end of September. So do you want progress pics as we work along? I am looking forward to doing this one as part of your community build.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I'll go with the Moebius Bride kit as well. ... So do you want progress pics as we work along? I am looking forward to doing this one as part of your community build.
Yes Bob. When you are ready to start, open a new thread and start it with CB 2012 WIP: and title. Include any techniques, pictures as you go so we can see the progress and learn some new things along the way.

Cool! So we already have 2 Bride's kits signed up...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MMM

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yes Bob. When you are ready to start, open a new thread and start it with CB 2012 WIP: and title. Include any techniques, pictures as you go so we can see the progress and learn some new things along the way.

MMM
Hey Bob, Im in for the Bride kit. Just have to finish my Klingon D7 from Revell. Then comes the grail Big E from Round 2

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

MMM
Going to be in your neck of the woods tomorrow night Bob. Going with some friends and family to St Joans carnival. Been a long time since ive been there. That was our big hangout during school days

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
I'm in with the Moebius Bride of Frankenstein kit also, Triple M!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Count me in to MMM! :thumbsup: My modeling has been on hiatus for a while and this sounds like just what I needed to get me fired up again and back at the ole workbench.

Put me down for something involving the Monster Scenes! I'll get a wip started asap.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I count only 6 people officially joining the community build?

Is that all that is interested in this especially that I opened the field WIDE OPEN to what you can build?

If your on the fence....please add your name to this thread!

MMM

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm in, I'm in already! I just haven't decided on what I want to build. Plus I will have to finish the Monster Scenes Animal Pit first (see thread titled: On my Bench: Dencomm's Animal Pit)!

I'm leaning towards one of the new Monster Scenes kits anyway (Saber Tooth Rabbit, Feral Cat or Skeleton). So it will most likely be one of those. I actually have a fun idea for the Skeleton...

Tory

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
!
I'm leaning towards one of the new Monster Scenes kits anyway (Saber Tooth Rabbit, Feral Cat or Skeleton). So it will most likely be one of those. I actually have a fun idea for the Skeleton...

Tory
You gonna get weird with Detective Scully, Tory ol' bean?! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I want in, this is going to be fun! I will build a MPC Glo-Head Vampire. I plan to convert it but I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
So, would a 1/32 pod from 2001 be acceptable? Not exactly a figure kit, or monster related, but at least its from an iconic film...

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, would a 1/32 pod from 2001 be acceptable? Not exactly a figure kit, or monster related, but at least its from an iconic film...
Dr Brad...yes ALL kits are exceptable as long as it is unstarted and you open a new WIP thread and post pics and techniques along the way.
Some are doing the same kit...Bride of Frankenstein...but it is not limited to just that kit. As others have posted, they are doing Glow Heads and another is doing Monster Scenes kits so ALL are welcome!

MMM

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Dr Brad...yes ALL kits are exceptable as long as it is unstarted and you open a new WIP thread and post pics and techniques along the way.
Some are doing the same kit...Bride of Frankenstein...but it is not limited to just that kit. As others have posted, they are doing Glow Heads and another is doing Monster Scenes kits so ALL are welcome!

MMM
Okay - I'm in! It's a simple kit, just got it a couple weeks ago, and I should be able to actually finish it! :). And, it won't be a dinosaur, which is all I've been able to get done lately!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'd like to limbo in under the wire before the bell and join in the fun. My build will be the Ghost of Castel-Mare by Monarch. Been plotting this one for a while and am planning a most sinister build including special guest appearances.

Count me in. I'll whip up the WIP thread shortly. :wave:

Regards,
MattL

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.