Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Be Careful......

It may give a temporary speed boost, but use on magnet cars (Tyco, Tomy, G+) only. Pancacke motors may burn up.

But comm drops are good for cleaning the surfaces of comms, comm brushes, and any other electrical surface.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
carl72 said:
Ok should have noted 1/32 cars sorry but thanks for ans.pretty new to slot cars.

Carl
Carl,

I run/race 1/32 and yes, putting comm drops has helped in my experience. It does not take match either. Usually what I do is clean the motor with some Pure Performance Motor Cleaner. I then shake, wipe, and even use compressed air to get all the liquid cleaner and fragments out. Depending on how long I waited to clean the motor, I may hit it again until nothing else is falling out. After that I put some comm drops right where the comm is and then place the car on the track, ellivate the rear tires and run the motor in until I hear the motor kick to a consistent frequency/sound. After that, its good to race.

Some motor cans do not make it easy to reach the comm area - Slot.It's motors are great. In some cases, I have had to drill a small hole in the end bell just to get to the comm area. Just make sure you do the drilling upside down or such that no metal fragments fall back into the end bell.

Hope this helps!

PD2:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts