Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE!! Coming Soon...The Challenge

Hi Folks,

Just to let everyone know, we've added more specific information on The CHALLENGE on our website: http://www.modelersresource.com

Thanks!

Wanted to give everyone a heads up on a new thing we'll be starting soon in the pages of Modeler's Resource®. It's called The Challenge and you can read more about it on our website.

More full details will be printed in our next issue of the magazine, #59, but what we have up on the site should give you enough information to get you going.

The Challenge will be an ongoing thing for at least 4 issues (probably longer) with The Challenge changing in each new issue. Prizes will vary from challenge to challenge and challenges will also vary. We hope to provide enough of a challenge for everyone! Stop by, take a look and give it your best shot.

To the mods - if you can "stick" this to the top for a while, that would be appreciated.

Good luck to everyone!

More details at: http://www.modelersresource.com

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No handicaps. This first Challenge will be judged on a modeler's creativity as well as their ability to bring their creativity to fruition. It's not going to be showcasing a straight build or paint job. It's the ability to create.

We're looking forward to seeing what type of entries we receive for judging.

Fred DeRuvo
Modeler's Resource®

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ChrisW said:
Hey Fred - how long of a window to enter?
Chris, we're taking entries for this first CHALLENGE until May 15th. That should, hopefully give everyone who wants to enter enough time to come up with their own Batmobile vehicular concept, since it's really not going to be officially announced until our next issue, #59.

I'm going to update our website with more information in the next few days. Of course, there will be full information as well in our next issue, but that doesn't ship until the first week of January.

Regards,
Fred DeRuvo
Modeler's Resource®

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Here's my only concern (NOT complaint...just concern):

I'd like to enter this but I figure I only have enough ambition do one challenge (or at least do a good job on one Challenge). I'm scared to start one in case one of the later Challenges is more suited to my skills.

I read that Challenge and thought, "OK, a Batmobile from scratch is doable...". And I'm very tempted to try though I haven't built a car model in 30 years and I don't like Batman!

Then I thought, "Hmmm...maybe I should wait for the next Challenge and see if it's something I can actually be good at".

This of course lead to the inevitable, "What happens if I keep waiting to the subsequent Challenges and finally realize I should have entered the Batmobile Challenge in the first place!"

Man, I'm thinkin' too much :)!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brent Gair said:
...This of course lead to the inevitable, "What happens if I keep waiting to the subsequent Challenges and finally realize I should have entered the Batmobile Challenge in the first place!"

Man, I'm thinkin' too much :)!
I'll respond to that as if I'm Stiller in Starsky & Hutch with, "Do it. Just do it." :)

Regards,
Fred DeRuvo
Modeler's Resource®

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
BatFanMan said:
I'll respond to that as if I'm Stiller in Starsky & Hutch with, "Do it. Just do it."
Hmmm... I thought that was George Burns speaking to J. Pat O'Malley in the old 60's tv sitcom 'Wendy and Me'.

- GJS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts