Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
New or coming soon is the tracks for the Moebius Chariot from lost in space.

This is a more detail set with the ice/snow bar every 6th link

This will include 10 road wheels and tires and drive gears.

This will be a complete resin set

The picture shows the difference between the kit vs the upgrade
Finally got around to using my design......cool! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....I guess! Good luck with them!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Finally got around to using my design......cool! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....I guess! Good luck with them!!
Not to have a misunderstanding and to be clear, I did not follow your design. I have done research on the real Thiokol Spryte, along with using multiple pictures from the real Chariot, to develop my design.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Not to have a misunderstanding and to be clear, I did not follow your design. I have done research on the real Thiokol Spryte, along with using multiple pictures from the real Chariot, to develop my design.
I wasn't looking for anything out of it, I was sincere when I said "Good luck" with them. I chose to use a line from the LIS episode "Target Earth", I forget these boards take things a bit too seriously, it was just some levity. I know you had been planning them since we talked about it Feb of '09. Again, Good luck, they look great!

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
Gil, they look great........:thumbsup: If only they could stand up to constant flexing, I'd love to use them on my two Chariot builds. The track that comes with the kit is a real issue. Anyway, very nice work and sweet offering.....

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Gil, I'm really gald you and other fellows out there have garages! :D

Those tracks will make the Cheriot kit look much better. You did a good job on them for sure!

hal9001-

·
Registered
461 Posts
By the time I get all the minor damage (loads of little crescent shapes inside and outside of the hull etc)that the original tyres have done to my model then I will be ready to buy a set,I know that Mobeus would replace the bits even after so long a time(bought it first day of issue)but it is only surface and nothing a bit of sanding and filler wont fix,well done with these after market parts Gil,
cheers,Gordon M

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the time I get all the minor damage (loads of little crescent shapes inside and outside of the hull etc)that the original tyres have done to my model then I will be ready to buy a set,I know that Mobeus would replace the bits even after so long a time(bought it first day of issue)but it is only surface and nothing a bit of sanding and filler wont fix,well done with these after market parts Gil,
cheers,Gordon M
Hi Gordon,
Maybe you can place a sheet of plastic on the floor to save time on the sanding?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi Gil,its on the underside and its not really that bad and on the inside of the front panel which is hidden by the instrument panel,I checked it after reading about the plastic reacting with the tyre vinyl(oh so long ago)and was lucky I guess that it was only minor damage.I took the tyres and track out and stuck them in a seperate bag to stop any further damage,I was toying with the idea of making resin coppies of the wheels but other projects took over,cheers,Gordon M

1 - 20 of 42 Posts