Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am looking to color the non-lighted windows in my D black (obviously) and painting them is a chore that I don't want to do again (did it on a previous D). What I am wanting is a nice pen that I could use to ge a nice smooth even color on the windows, that goes on easy, and won't give me the "fat" windows look.

Any suggestions as to what I should get and where to get it?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Use a mechanical pencil. It looks great, isn't completely black and has a bit of a sheen to it, as if it were a window. Just a light clear coat over the top and you don't have to worry about smudges.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,254 Posts
I've always used a Rapidograph (mechanical drawing pen). I think a size #0 or #00 will do it. Check an art or drafting supply store.

·
Registered
11 Posts
jgoldsack said:
Hey all,

I am looking to color the non-lighted windows in my D black (obviously) and painting them is a chore that I don't want to do again (did it on a previous D). What I am wanting is a nice pen that I could use to ge a nice smooth even color on the windows, that goes on easy, and won't give me the "fat" windows look.

Any suggestions as to what I should get and where to get it?
You might consider the decals from PNT Models, they cover the windows and all that stuff. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts