Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions on chassis color.

Did Auto World make chassis in red as some others have?

What is the difference/significance of these chassis?

Thanks

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
The red chassis Auto Worlds are "First Lap" cars and came with clear red bodies and silver tires. Limited production run, they are kind of like a 'chase' car or 'promo' car type thing similar to what the diecast makers do with Treasure Hunts, White Lightnings, etc.

Some First Lap cars were silver chassis / clear blue bodies / silver tires also. The standard AW chassis is a grey color.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
Oh and some AW chassis are called iWheels-- they have white chassis, white bodies and white tires. The Tjets and XTraction come in iWheels, but only the Xtractions come in First Laps.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks doba. Is there anything else different in the chassis other than color and wheels? Different motor? Electrics?

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Yes

They have made limited editions of red, grey/silver & white chassis. As far as I know there were available on the first lap cars, limited editions and a few of the regular run cars.

This is what I seem to remember:

First Lap:

red chassis on release #1 = 6 cars x 500 of each body = 3000 made.

silver chassis on Release #2 = 6 cars x 500 of each body = 3000 made.

silver chassis on Release #3 = 3 cars x 500 of each = 1800 made.

Limited Edition Runs:

red chassis:
I seem to remember the GTX and the Torino coming with a limited edition red chassis - only 500 made in clam shell. (different wind shield colors seem to be involved in this run)

silver chassis:

The Chrome Dukes of Hazard came with silver chassis = 6 cars x 500? of each = 3000

some of the I-Hobby cars have a silver chassis.

iWheels have white chassis.

Electronics: Nothing different that I am aware of.

Tires: Silver and White tires seem to be crappy. (not a fan of these)

Hope this helps, (this is what I seem to remember, It may be incorrect in some areas)

Pickeringtondad,
aka
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts