Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Administrator
51,497 Posts
I know the text is in Japanese but does it also mention Linemar or Louis Marx in relation to this brand name of Collectoy?

· Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the text is in Japanese but does it also mention Linemar or Louis Marx in relation to this brand name of Collectoy?

Very little of that information. Translation is basically Manufacturer Model No. Model Name etc as in just a list.

· Administrator
51,497 Posts
Brand and distribution names were often used by the same or even different manufactures. And like Maisto this could be a different level of manufacturing quality in a latter different series line from the one covered by The Diecast Encyclopedia.

@My Model World can you determine the publication date of your copy of the book and if it is a first edition or an updated issue? Either way I will work out an update to the Master Brand Listings and the diecast manufacturing history for Collectoy.

· Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Copyright date is 1977. Author is Noboru Nakajima. From what I can find on the net is that he is a diecast collector and has published two other Japanese language books. Model Cars & Model Cars Of The World. HobbyDB gives him a mention re the books.

· Administrator
51,497 Posts
Copyright date is 1977. Author is Noboru Nakajima. From what I can find on the net is that he is a diecast collector and has published two other Japanese language books. Model Cars & Model Cars Of The World. HobbyDB gives him a mention re the books.
Thanks for the information. That is well before The Diecast Encyclopedia!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts