Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of sounding like an RC2 cheerleader, let me say some positive things about what these guys are doing these days. Ive done my share of griping in the past, and my belief is that if you're going to say something when things are going wrong, you should be just as vocal when someone does something right.

I absolutely love going to the pegs these days.

I know when I go "hunting", I stand a fair chance of seeing new product on the pegs. And the product I am seeing is nice; nice castings, nice colors, nice concepts (for the most part. Not everyone is going to like every new release).

I know not all of you are seeing what I'm seeing, but I'll give credit where credit is due. I'm seeing it.

Just yesterday, I drove to one of my favorite new stores, a neat little hobby shop I found where they even put the Whites out at regular price (this is where I found the Dirty Gen. Lee WL last month). As luck would have it, they were expecting a delivery from their wholesaler any moment, so I stayed and talked diecast with the owner and a 1/18 collector (we also talked about racing people we have each met, it was cool :thumbsup: ) and soon enough, the delivery showed up.

I was allowed first crack at an inner of the new Chevy Thunder release, as well as the latest Gold series. Not a single white in either case, but I was treated to some very nice Johnnie's. I picked out the '66 'Vette convertible and the new red Vega GT, and from the Gold series I bought the Pontiac 2+2. I left there $15 poorer for just three cars (well, one of them was a Gold car), but they were three beautiful cars and I could have easily bought another 3 or 4. Point is, I found new stuff, and it was awesome looking.

So for all the hits that RC2 took over the past year and a half, let's give them their due; new stuff is coming out, and it is pretty nice looking. Now if they could do something about all these quality issues, and maybe a little price adjustment, things would almost be perfect! :p

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
They must have finally gotten over that pesky learning curve. Wait a minute, isn't that their new name? It is all so clear to me now. :D

Glad to hear that collecting JL's is fun to you again. I just wish they would come out with a new BWF already!!!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Rich, I agree with you. I'm not collecting much at the moment, but when I do have a stint at the hunt, it's great finding new product out there. My blood gets pumping almost like the days of old. Granted, there are a few problems. Some of the early quality control issues and the lack of new castings to look forward to are chief among why I think some people feel underwhelmed. But in order for the line to expand, RC2 need to see a certain amount of success. I think the line looks great and hope it continues, because...let's face it folks...PM is gone. And what else do we have (even at current prices) with castings that maintain such realism? Best I've found is Jada, which makes some nice cars, but I've found just as many (if not more) quality issues there. Flaws in paint, tampos, and less than terrific wheels, if I want to get picky. I've purchased about 50/50 in terms of JL and Jada since the new JL product hit the pegs. And in my frank estimation, you still can't beat JL for quality or realism.

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
I was happy to purchase two 10 car box sets of Muscle Cars. One set to open and one set to leave in the box. I like all the cars in the set, and I think it is a real value (under $20). I hope to see more of these type of sets made.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Very well said, Rich. Although there seem to be some areas that are still struggling with the drought, for the most part, new stuff is showing up at fairly regular intervals. Instead of maybe thinking about heading out to take a look around, I am once again planning regular rounds :thumbsup: I am joyous and thankful :p Keep up the good work, Learning Curse :cool:

CURVE !!! I meant curve...... :tongue:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
lots of new stuff around here also_Only 1 car I haven`t seen which is the retro 68 barracuda I need .I`d also like to see an increase in production for the next dukes release so people will be able to get these not just the scalpers

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glhshelby said:
lots of new stuff around here also_Only 1 car I haven`t seen which is the retro 68 barracuda I need .
You mean the regular? I'm still sitting on that old Dodge for you, I can easily squeeze in the 'Cuda if you'd like?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
carnut2256 said:
You mean the regular? I'm still sitting on that old Dodge for you, I can easily squeeze in the 'Cuda if you'd like?
yea,I`m meaning the regular version if ya have it.I`d appreciate that greatly.I have the wl already :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Collecting JLs is FUNNY, too! Went to the WM near my home today and they had all 4 pieces from Classic Gold, Release 34! Looked like a recent restock of the pegs because there were at least 2 of each hanging.
Isn't Release 35 out already?? :freak:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I went to my local Walmart today.
They just restocked with more Classic Gold 2 release 33.
There are now 18 or 19 of them hanging on the pegs.
And we have lots and lots of the Coke releases.
While on vacation for the past 2 plus weeks, I saw a lot of Coke releases in a lot of stores but not much else in the way of muscle cars without tampos.
I didn't see much in the way of the Precision castings.
And the new Rock Art release 1 is out in many stores.
The Led Zeppelin bus is the hot ticket out of this set.
Most of the others are still hanging.
So there is a lot of Icon castings in Canada but not much in the way of Precision castings.
Not much else to say.

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 14 of 14 Posts