Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the post in the Swap and Sell forum about needing regular JL cars for collections and got me to thinking. Have any of you guys tried to collect at least one of each casting? I was looking through the list of castings on Wyatts site and realize that depsite a large number of JL's I am missing quite a few castings. Presently I have my cars displayed by auto manufacturer, type of car, and year. I am thinking about possibly changing this or maybe even making a seperate JL display with one of each casting. Do any of you guys have cars displayed in this way?

·
Registered
318 Posts
So far the only obvious separation in my collection is of all the emergency vehicle castings and all the Coke JL's......both JL and other.

I think it would look visually interesting to see all of one particular casting together...I may try that myself when I have more display room

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Wow that would be impressive but also a very large amount of cars to display.
How many castings are there now 600? I went a different route and tried to get one of every Mustang made and that is proving to be quite difficult.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Well, let's see:

-One big wall display made of many jl 6-car units,which houses a collection of Mopar vehicles,from 1950-2007
-one 30 car unit,with jl Dodge trucks
-one 30 car unit with Mopar a-bodys (dart,duster,demon,etc.)
-one 36-car unit with some 68-70 chargers in it
-one 30 car unit with Zinger and Muscle Machine Mopars,as well as JL PIP cars
-a 30 car case with chevy trucks,and one with ford trucks
-two small wall mounted shelf sysems that have rat-rod/custom rods on them

And coming soon,a big 108 car case for the GM/Ford/Etc. crowd,as well as a smaller one for AMC vehicles and another for whatever else I think of.

Yeah,I think I might have collecting A.D.D.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I'm trying to finish a few sets and I collect only specific castings now and only certain ones I like, when the prices drop! I need to be more selective with collection additions now, and keep the cost down, too.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I had one 70 car case that was all Mustangs, but I have since switched a lot of them out, so the case is more random. My other cases are more or less random as well, though a few sets are grouped together. I've never really had a plan for my collecting, I just go wherever it leads me. I'd probably have a lot more money, and a lot more space, if I had some idea what I was doing. However, that ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Right now the displays are of American Glory, BWF, Rebel Rods/Spoilers, and Holiday Muscle/Classic.

I am working on my BWF collection the most. I am still missing most of the really hard to find ones.
Jiffy Lube, cool collectable Camaro and cruzin the Coast. I think the total is
11 or 12.
The list is below:

American Glory/1 ’73 AMC Hornet 333-21

Dragsters USA ’72 Charger Chi-Town Hustler 320-100
Dragsters USA '71 Vega Motown Shaker N/A

Racing Dreams/1 KISS Funny Car 152-00
Racing Dreams/2 KISS Stock Car 152-00
KISS Trucks/1 ’29 Model A 423-00

True Grit/2 GMC Van (Hooker Headers) 392-02

Black Bandits ’49 Mercury
Burch Engineering Karmann Ghia