Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many Topper JLs do you have MOC? How many Playing Mantis JL's MOC? When the PM logo and legal is dropped from the blistercards, will the older cards WITH the PM logo become more collectible? Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I own about 0 Toppers
I usually open my JL's, so only about 300 are still on the card.
I dont think they will be any more collectible when the PM logo is dropped.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I agree with Mid, unless RC2 seriously changes the JL line, such as lesser quality, then I'd say the values will remain the same. One thing I always remember, in 1969-1972 there were not as many "collectors" buying diecast. There were more kids. That's why the values of MOC diecast from that time frame are higher. Today, every Tom, Dick and Harry buy these things to resell them at some point. The market is and will be saturated for years.

My .02

Gerald

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
I have 2 Topper Ferraris on card, 1 on cut card

I have, well let's just say 1 of each up to about 2000 and then probably everything except the crap like coke, marvel, etc from then on of JL blisterpacked cars

More collectible? nah.... its not the cardboard its the cars......lol!!!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I think it depends on what RC2 does with the brand. If they continue without missing a beat, I don't think there will be much of a difference. If the brand goes south then the PM castings will carry even more value. Kinda like how memorabilia goes up in value after someone dies.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I have zero Toppers. I think they're cool but I just don't collect the old stuff.

PM carded toys will have no additional value. There were millions made and many of them are being kept unopened, so they will never be rare enough to add anything to the value of the car. If PM had only been in business for one or two years, it would be a different story.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Toppers- will always hold value, they only get older and harder to find. 3 years of something is rare.

PM- I think value for what we see now will stay the same for many years to come. Many were produced and 10 years of cars, not so rare untill another 30 years goes by. Some cars will drop as demand gets less while others Grow while demand gets bigger. I think its up to all of us where the prices will go.

RC2- Who knows....

But as long as there are Great People like us who Love and enjoy these Little peices of metal, they will always hold value to US and for Some are priceless for many. (For someone like me, I only know what they are worth to me. When I look at my die-cast and smile, there is nothing more valuble then that.)

my 2c

MoparMarc

·
Registered
231 Posts
PMS485: Any idea on what the new cards will look like? I hope they retain the same style, and quality. I would hate to see the JL cards turn into cheesy pieces of cardboard like "Brand X"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts