Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Loose tagged cars now, huh.... What in hell's going on???? :freak: They just spent how many buku dollars on new fancy pants packaging and now they're marketing LOOSE TAGGED CARS????? What the hell's going on????? :freak: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
953 Posts
The collect and play series is an idea already going on in the Ertl part of RC2. They are using all plastic vehicles and some new castings to make smaller size tractors and also using some common castings. Some are all plastic some are plastic/metal mix. Nothing has any model numbes on like the tractors just id'ed as International, John Deere or Ford. They have tractors, trucks, implements, and construction vehicles in this series.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'm wondering if it's a tester to see how plastic cars will be taken to...sort of a way to herald the new line they said would be directed at younger kids?

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
yup, i had seen them in burlington vt last year at a toy store. Other casting were also available and so where 1/64 american muscle cars.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Farm & Fleet and Ace hardware both went out of Business in this area.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I've seen those at a Magic Mart and Tractor Supply Company. It's a shame they're all plastic, there's an '05 F-150 FX4 that would be decent if it were die-cast.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
slot car fans will like the fact that they're plastic... good conversion material...

--rick

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
farmer64th said:
The collect and play series is an idea already going on in the Ertl part of RC2. They are using all plastic vehicles and some new castings to make smaller size tractors and also using some common castings. Some are all plastic some are plastic/metal mix. Nothing has any model numbes on like the tractors just id'ed as International, John Deere or Ford. They have tractors, trucks, implements, and construction vehicles in this series.
I've seen these up the road from me at True Value, there is an Ace in Clovis. The manager at the Ace told me that they wouldn't be getting them,that only company stores were participating.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to a TSC in eastern Connecticut today, and saw the ERTL loose items, not the JL. They seem to be the same stuff that's in the blister sets at WM, for the same money. I'll wait and see if they get any of the plastic Johnnie's in and see how those look. I also saw the boxed ERTL/JL pick-up truck set ( John Deere version). At ten bucks for a Cameo and tractor, I thought it was expensive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts