Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I, finally, spotted these in one of the TRUs I went to and picked up the '69 Camaro. It has a white interior and a white motor and since I have not seen another one yet, I would like to know if this is a w/l. I checked over at Lightning Lane and it's listed that they are supposed to have a white base and wheels. But, and this could be extremely suspect on my part as I suffer severely from CRS (can't remember $h-t), I saw the '55 Ford Crown Victoria the other day, that someone was selling at an event near where I live, and I believe that it had white tires and base or interior. Then I ran across another of the cars from this release offered up on one of the trade boards and the person who owns it said that his car had white wheels and interior. So could one of you most intelligent and knowledgeable fellow collectors please lay this queery to rest once and for all?
Thank you,
Charlie

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I saw over on the Lightninglane board where this topic came up. Badpauls brought up ebay auctions of both and the true WL has white base and white wheels.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
I also picked up the Camaro ornament, and knew it wasn't a WL...but I thought it might fool someone...with that bright white interior and engine..but alas...it does need to have white wheels and a white base to be a WL....

I did find the Int. Beverage truck WL in the same batch..that's how I knew it wsn't a WL...

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
My wife came home all happy and fired up saying she found a WL. When she showed me the Coke Holiday 55 Crown Vic with a white motor and interior, I thought she found one too. then I did some checking and had to break the news to her that was not a WL. She looked like someone killed her dog. The good thing is she bought the car because she liked and that's all that really matters. I told her she is still better at finding Whites than I am. That put the smile back on her face.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the information, it is well appreciated. :thumbsup:

"AJCBOSS: I bet the WL Camaro looks great! If only the Tires were white too, the whole thing would be solid white!"

"79'Tranzamman: Well, with the exception of the blue tampo's. But yeah, that would look sweet!!"

I also have to agree with you two on this one, that would be one fine ride! Anyone have pictures?

Charlie

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Pablodragon said:
I also picked up the Camaro ornament, and knew it wasn't a WL...but I thought it might fool someone...with that bright white interior and engine..but alas...it does need to have white wheels and a white base to be a WL....

I did find the Int. Beverage truck WL in the same batch..that's how I knew it wsn't a WL...
Camaro must be fooliong quite a few people! I've been through about twenty sets at 12 ToysRUs Stores, and still haven't found the 69 Camaro! The Samba bus is difficult also, I only found one of them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts