Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not chrome but sure did let the dremel run at high speed for a while!

Not a lot of detail, though I did make the chassis look pretty sharp. Should get a few pics of that. I also used an engraving bit and drilled the pipe for added realism.

:) Haven't tried a "custom" for a while, years... Last one was a Hot Wheels Studebaker Wagon from McDonald's....

Mama, don't take my "CobraChrome" awayyyyy..... :lol:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Owl...NICE job on the polishing...now where are my sunglasses! :p

I really like that deep gray tone you achieved, and wish I had your kinda patience in polishing out something of that magnitude. :thumbsup:

Man if that car were real, I bet it would stop Traffic!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I need to work on my polishing technique cuz mine look like CRAP compared to that! :eek: I guess I need to use more than just that little tub of Dremel polishing compound...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hey there Owl,

I knew you were a great photogrpher ( been to your site several times), but I didn't know you were the customizer too! I just recently tried this myself and I'm quite pleased with the results too. I was thinking about doing a Cobra and after seeing yours, I have to do it.
That car is beautiful. Carroll Shelby himself has an all alloy Cobra-sans paint and it looks just like that.
You did an excellent job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers..

·
Registered
766 Posts
Very nice work. Gotta appreciate a result like that and I speak from experience. Lots of chrome work here. Keep it up, it even gets better. Scary eh?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Chrome Cobra.
Now that is sweet, Owl.
You definitely picked the right casting.
How about a few details about how you went about creating this masterpiece.
All I can say is "wow".

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 11 of 11 Posts