Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Front or rear
I had a rear arbor get stuck once
I built a puller using an old right side hub large screw/nut and a couple of long 4-40 screws---worked like a charm.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rear one, we tried wfreything but that lol ill try it tommarow i gotta race today so thanks for the help, also its the trackside truer, the dc one.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nate if the shaft isn't bent or the bearings bad leave the arbor on and slip the arbor that you want to use in front of it, I have a trackside that has a 1/10 rear pan car arbor on it and I never remove it just mount your arbor in front and cut. btw did you ever make that edm body?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i didnt make one yet, also the arbor wont move in either direction, its stuck so that the shaft is flush with the end of the arbor.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got It Off!!, had to break out the puller and it came off :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :roll: :roll: :tongue:

·
Registered
817 Posts
nate00 said:
Got It Off!!, had to break out the puller and it came off :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :roll: :roll: :tongue:
Spend a little time with that shaft and some 240 grit wet or dri sandpaper and smooth the gouges made by the grub screw and the arbors will slide on n off better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts