Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone may have seen that a monster stock is faster than a CO27? Some of us this past sat. ran a tenth or two quicker with a monster than CO27. What are good numbers for a CO27 rpms amp draw @ 2volts with or with out fan. Also the track is a 355' asphalt oval, easley sc where the nats are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,027 Posts
The C027's work well on short tracks, but don't seem to have the top end power for longer straightaways. Amp draw for any of the EPIC stock motors @ 2 volts without a fan for my good motors is 6.5 to 8.5 volts.


Doug P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,123 Posts
CO27's work just fine on a big track. How about track record with a CO27 on a track with a 1123 runline? Is that long enough for you.

The biggest difference between the two motors from my experience is that the Monster gets hotter if you don't gear it right. The CO27 needs more gear since it has more torque than the Monster. With the CO27 you can miss the rollout by 1 or 2 teeth and still be decent fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,884 Posts
FLYING5 said:
I was wondering if anyone may have seen that a monster stock is faster than a CO27? Some of us this past sat. ran a tenth or two quicker with a monster than CO27. What are good numbers for a CO27 rpms amp draw @ 2volts with or with out fan. Also the track is a 355' asphalt oval, easley sc where the nats are.
Not sure who this is? but the track was faster sat than in past weeks,I think the C027's do seem to like a little more gear than the monsters.I didn't understand why you guys went to monsters,the handout's will be C027's,why not tune to that motor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pepe is me tommy b. you are wright about the motors for the nats but if I understand it correct its any stock motor or tire at the regionals so we got to run whats the fastest.I will be heavily testing the co 27 to find the right gear ,brian and I think we may be over geared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,711 Posts
Our local tracks you are can run any roar legal stock motor.
One is banked carpet 185' and the other asphalt 268' and the Monster and X-stock still seem to be the one most often used.
I myself love RPM so the ROAR stock was my favorite legal motor on these larger tracks.

For smaller bullring carpet tracks I seemed to be a tick quicker with a co27, motor doesnt fall off as much and runs cooler.

You will need to gear the co27 1 to 3 teeth up from a Monster depending on the track.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
erock1331 said:
Our local tracks you are can run any roar legal stock motor.
One is banked carpet 185' and the other asphalt 268' and the Monster and X-stock still seem to be the one most often used.
I myself love RPM so the ROAR stock was my favorite legal motor on these larger tracks.

For smaller bullring carpet tracks I seemed to be a tick quicker with a co27, motor doesnt fall off as much and runs cooler.

You will need to gear the co27 1 to 3 teeth up from a Monster depending on the track.
I ran a co27 all day saturday on your 185' track... ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
I know that.. there is a method to my madness.. FWIW I practiced with my old snowbirds chrome can monster handout.. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
at our track ( GRCSR.COM ) i used to swear by the roar stock and RPM motors...but found out we were way wrong on gearing with the co27...depending on dyno test..those blue motors must be run from 2 to 5 teeth higher roll-out...and finish real strong compare to monster based...since they won't get as hot as rpm's motor....at first with these blue motors,...i was finishing slower...tought i was overgeared...but was wrong...i was undergeared!...

Eric

btw...its a 160 ft slightly banked track....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,884 Posts
FLYING5 said:
Pepe is me tommy b. you are wright about the motors for the nats but if I understand it correct its any stock motor or tire at the regionals so we got to run whats the fastest.I will be heavily testing the co 27 to find the right gear ,brian and I think we may be over geared.
If you're running a 2:50 you're definitely not overgeared.Makes sense about the regionals,I figured there was a reason.I was pleased with the changes I made to the car this week it picked up a good bit just need a lil more to get in there with you guys,at least I'm headed in the right direction anyway.Yall planning on going up to ashville this week?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pepe i'm not going to c&w but i'm going to easely sunday to work on gearing and car. The one thing I did check was the seconds left in the battery I had 235 left @35 amps so I must be undergeared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,884 Posts
Tommy, I'm pretty sure we're undergeared,at least from what I'm seeing in my car,not real bad,but we can use some more gear for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I run a 2.50 [48/120] on my monster so what do you suggest on the co27? We have a 355' run line asphlat oval on caps, the trac is easley s.c. the home of the nats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,884 Posts
Tommy,

My car was accelerating from the middle of the straight on with a 2:40,I ran a 2:50 in the main and it went flat.The 2:40 just felt a lot better,may even go 1 or 2 teeth more just to see how it feels.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top