Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
cms

CMS are an alternative to kyosho, they are very similar in quality and the models released are the same, but the road cars production in CMS is very short, kyosho on the contrary has a large production on road cars.
In my opinion CMS is the best brand on the 1/64 market in rally cars segment (WRC and others).

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I love their Diablo and Countach models, I find them even better detailed than Kyoshos. Don't have any of their rally cars, but in pictures they do look excellent. Silhouette and Miura aren't their best attempts IMO, mine are poorly colored, rear-view mirrors are weird and the overall presentation isn't as good as Kyosho's.

I wish they made more road cars but I guess this is more of a Kyosho's domain, and CMS is oriented more towards racing/rally models.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I have about 5 or 6 CMS cars. They are indeed beautiful. Mine are all rally cars. I like the Lambo's.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'll echoe the sentiment that the CM's are nice cars. The seams on the opening features appear well done and tight on mine. What' underneath the hoods is a disappointment....they could have done better on the engines. The transparencies seem to have a little better uniformity in thicknes than some Kyosho's. The rear quarter windows on the Countaches are done MUCH better than Kyoshos (the only detail I know where CM's outdid Kyosho). The tires and wheels are a consistent weakness when compared to Kyosho. CM's wheels are molded in color and dye streaks aren't uncommon. Kyosho wheels are painted and have sharper detail. CM's seems to have a little trouble getting the tires proportioned and the tread patterns look like mud runners. Their tire material is a harder gloss plastic while Kyosho is softer and more convincing in appearance. There are a handful of Kyoshos where the tire/wheel combo is off mark, but 99% of the time they are spot on and THAT makes the difference between a beautiful miniature and a nice toy. I think the CM's tire material may be a better formula over extended time.....it's my opinion the Kyosho tire material may dry and crack. Nothing to substantiate or base this premonition on except a gut feeling. Another 7 years should tell. CM's also likes to put this big ugly bolster under the car where it screws to the display base. Very apparent when viewing the side profile. Fixable but ugly.
On overall presentation, I feel the hierarchy between the two would be Kyosho as preferred and CM's as secondary.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi guys, here's the lone CM's in my collection.

Lancer EX2000 Turbo 1000Lakes

I can say that CM's have really great details for a 1/64 scaled model.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
CM rally cars

for me these have been a godsend, as not only for the quality and size, but also the selection of cars. Apart from the normal subi's and fords and lancia's, they have the early mitsi's, mazda's etc. very okay for me.
stuart

·
Registered
181 Posts
for me these have been a godsend, as not only for the quality and size, but also the selection of cars. Apart from the normal subi's and fords and lancia's, they have the early mitsi's, mazda's etc. very okay for me.
stuart
spot on! :thumbsup:
There's another old school Mitsubishi Lancer, the 1600GSR, it's a must have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts