Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if the CMC models are better than the EXATO? The new '54 Mercedes Streamliner in 1/18th scale seems very nice ecpecially limited to 5000! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!
Ted

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I have 1 CMC car and its very detailed, right down to the fabric on the seat and the fabric seat belt with a metal buckle.
If your into that type car you wont be disappointed.
Ive wanted to get their 1/18 50s Mercedes race transport truck for a while now to go with the car ...... soon I hope!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I collect a wide variety of die casts and have many CMC's.

I would say detailed wise, they are quite good as some of their models come with over 1,000 components.

"Quality" wise they're not bad either, but there are many other brands who's quality is up to par with them. For example, my latest model is the limited edition Jie Fang CA10, the paint and finish was up to par with the CMC's I have and I paid less than half the price of a CMC. Funny, the CA10 beat out the CMCs with its underbody detail.

I guess CMCs are worth the money, but the only lacking thing about them is a lack of effort for the underbody, which is the case with 95% of the die casts out there.

For true collectors and motorheads, the die cast companies should give decent detail top to bottom.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve - Sounds like you like the same stuff as me! What is the Jie Fang CA10?
If it is a detailed diecast Im all for it.
I just got my streamliner in today I am VERY Impressed - seems to be a steap above the EXOTOs I have! I havent taken the body off yet but will this weekend. The wheels are beaufiful!
Thanks Again
Ted

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ted -> here's the info reg the Jie Fang CA10

Hi Ted,

The Jie Fang CA10 is the first mass produced truck in China.

It is really detailed and just can't stop looking at it!!! Well worth the money compared to my CMC's and Franklin Mints.

This is the "first" replication of the CA10 and is produced as a limited edition.

The truck was replicated to celebrate the 50th anniversary of its parent company (China's largest car company) and was used primarily as gifts to top business and government officials. Therefore only a "few" of these are available outside of China.

I got my truck from at place at "www.sl-retail.com". Seems they've got some other historical releases coming out....check out the tanker!!!!

If you're interested Ted, you should get this one before they're gone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts