Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to apply my custom decals printed on white decal paper (Testor's) and the color bleed out to white in areas around the edges. Right now I've got decals cut to shape for application drying after applying another layer of fixative around the edges.

Question(s):
1) Will this work?
2) Do I need more than one layer before application?
3) Any other suggestions?
4) Is this common to white decal paper, or certain brands?

sign this one... (*&^[email protected]!%~!^$)#@)^!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After printing I applied 8+ layers of misted decal bonder because the recommended fewer number of bonding spray didn't seal the decal before the first regular cover. white around the edges didn't appear until a few minutes after the decal was applied. You say there a sealer needed as well? Any perspective whether the bonder I applied after trimming in prep for application will work?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've ended up switching to laser paper to avoid bleeding issues. It's a bit more expensive, but by bringing a sheet of laser-friendly stock to my nearest print shop has saved a lot of trouble and given me much sharper results.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
laser printer it is!!! HP had a black Friday sale going on-line. I bought a color laser new, delivered for $212... I think this customizing has gotten the better of me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts