Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well hey guy's, i wanted to see if you guy's have the same reason you buy diecast is it just to collect or is it a passion to own the real machine ?. well when i bye a diecast johnny lightning, matchbox, hotwheel, racing champions, maisto, ect. its the closest i cant get to feel like owning the real car even though its a miny. im still waiting on eithier diecast company to make models they havnt come out with instead of just changing color's of the car, and yes i know some of yall like different color's of the same car which i like also :) . just for example yesterday i got the matchbox superfast corvette c6, and johnny lightning 1994 camaro z28 and blue 2004 gto and it made me feel like i own the real machine :wave: . well if you guys have any feeling you have about something similair plz post :thumbsup:

G

·
Feel like I own the real thing??? Why, in the evening, when nobody's around, I shrink right down to about 1/64 size ( a little smaller if it is a True Grit vehicle, a little larger if British Invasion) and then I wander around my 1:1 collection of thousands of cars I DO own.... Never drive them though, don't want to put any miles on them.

Why if Bill Gates and Jay Leno knew what an Auto Collection I have, they would just sell everything they own and collect stamps!!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Bingo! You hit the nail on the head my friend...how could I possibly own 300+ 1:1 cars? NEw castings are also my fave...

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Rob,
Sometimes when my daughter is at her grandmothers, I shrink down to Barbie doll size and me and Barbie go parking in the closet in her Ford T-Bird. Please don't tell anybody.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Every Cobra 427 S/C, Cobra Daytona, and Viper I buy makes me feel this way, because the real thing ain't likely to happen.

And Hoosier, I'm not gonna comment on your reply. :D

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
Rob,
Sometimes when my daughter is at her grandmothers, I shrink down to Barbie doll size and me and Barbie go parking in the closet in her Ford T-Bird. Please don't tell anybody.
I bet that's a tough hymen to crack.. :freak:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts