Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the pleasure of doing a build-up for a client of the new Moebius Eight Window Seaview.

This is a static build,per the client witha medium Gray for the upper hull and White for the lower hull, keel, etc..It's what the client wants.

As I take great pride in all my work, I am building this(as alll my work), as if it were for me.

Ok, The client requested the Limber holes be opened up..Which I have done, then I attached the bow to the stern.

Currently I am removing all seam lines from the hull and will post more Pix when I have something of interest to show.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
:wave: "Returned favor" time: I found Tamiya's rattlecan "USAF Neutral Grey" to be an excellent shade for the upper hull.
Many thanks again for tipping me off to Tamiya "Mica Silver" for the Moebius Jupiter II! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:wave: "Returned favor" time: I found Tamiya's rattlecan "USAF Neutral Grey" to be an excellent shade for the upper hull.
Many thanks again for tipping me off to Tamiya "Mica Silver" for the Moebius Jupiter II! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much indeed my Friend!
And your very welcome!

·
Registered
861 Posts
And for the lower hull......?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Off to a good start, I'm sure it will be a beauty when your done Mark. You've got the knack for building many great things.

I did a similar paint job on my 4-window, using Tamiya paints. (It was he first rattle-can paint job I had done in almost 20 years!) I used a Darker grey on the top, and a light grey on the bottom, and kind of "faded" them together to give a "shark" look to the build. I was pleased, although that's another one of those "shake up the traditionalists" things!! LOL.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you very much indeed Gentlemen! I sncerely appreciate your kind words.
It goes a looooong way.

Update..
Removing those dreadful seam lines.

Here it is after filling, priming, sanding ..etc...

I have also custom mixed a shade of grey for the upper hull which I will Airbrush when I am sastified with the Filling, Sanding, Priming, sanding...etc!!

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Thank you very much indeed Gentlemen! I sncerely appreciate your kind words.
It goes a looooong way.

Update..
Removing those dreadful seam lines.

Here it is after filling, priming, sanding ..etc...

I have also custom mixed a shade of grey for the upper hull which I will Airbrush when I am sastified with the Filling, Sanding, Priming, sanding...etc!!
FSP! FSP! Repeat after me! FSP! FSP!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE!

The final medium Grey has been mixed and airbrushed to the upper hull.
I have eliminated all the seam lines on the upper and lower hull, and have installed the completed Observation Nose.

I have also filled in the holes for the kit supplied stand(per the client).

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
So far, so beautiful! While the sub fairly begs for lighting, your client will really love this display model even without it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looking really good, I can never get tired of that 8-window proportion and symmetry. Its like 'Mondrian' geometry - its so beautifully perfected... Fox

·
Registered
861 Posts
OMG where'd you find such a nifty paint stand? Looks like a multi-use tool. I want one. Seriously, very nice job. You have one very lucky client.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Looking FANTASTIC as always Mark!:thumbsup: guess you will have one happy client...wish it was me:cry:.

Remember to give me a yell if you ever make it to Chiller again,
My Email: [email protected]

Jim (and the lovely Judy says hi:wave:)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you very much indeed gentlemen for the kind words...It's really appreciated!

Yes it will be hard to let this "baby" go, But the client will hopefully love it.

Need to finish her up..more pics to come.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update...

Currently going over the whole boat..Making sure it is something I would love.

Still spot sanding areas...working on the sail.

Pix to follow!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts