Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1852 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
You guys let Joneser win Mod 12th?? We'll never hear the end of how good he is now!! GEEEZ!!!

So did Hermann run the Pro4 all night? because if he did he was REALLY fast with it.

I guess I just SUCK!!!

Ray

·
Registered
490 Posts
rayhuang said:
You guys let Joneser win Mod 12th?? We'll never hear the end of how good he is now!! GEEEZ!!!

So did Hermann run the Pro4 all night? because if he did he was REALLY fast with it.

I guess I just SUCK!!!

Ray
Joneser ran very well in 1/12 tonight. The last qual and main I had motors problems but for the most part my 1/12 was flawless. In the last qual I was on a 39 8:06 until the motor quit.

I hate to break the news to you Ray but Jimmy ran the pro 4 all night. It ran awsome.

Paul

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ray....nothing further will be said....I had a little fun while I was there but I won because I was clean and had run time. I should have broke 36 in the last two heats but had a few issues early on in the main. I am driving well right now.....I would love to see what it would be like with everyone running a 19 turn like I am. I do have a perfectly clear picture of my actual standing in 12th scale so I wont be doing any bragging.

Jimmy and the PRO 4 looked great....I drove it after the main and it was nice. fealt good and it was fast. My tc3 was dialed:rolleyes: I broke 2 arms 2 knuckles (2 knuckles in 1 heat) and ended up finding out that the servo saver screw had backed out....its no wonder it was undrivable.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Jonesr

joneser said:
Ray....nothing further will be said....I had a little fun while I was there but I won because I was clean and had run time.

Eric,
Awesome dude. That is exactly what it takes to win races. Do not sell yourself short bro. You are becoming a real threat on the race track.............. I am anxious to see you race next season especially if you continue to run all summer.

·
Registered
452 Posts
joneser said:
Jimmy and the PRO 4 looked great....I drove it after the main and it was nice. fealt good and it was fast.
I just looked at the lap times from the main and I have "NEVER" seen Jimmy run that consistent. He may have found his car. Only three laps not in the 13 second range. Killer............ Wish I lived a little closer and did not work nights.................

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just parts and am starting to parking lot race. Car was too damn pretty for that:)

My car was actually very good at multiple tracks. Just was not goot at the Gate. I tried a new set up and we had a light turn out so there was not enough time to make the right changes. I think you would like the car if you decided to run it.

RB

·
Registered
557 Posts
Lets not get carried away. Yes, I am driving 12th scale much better but no comparison can be made because those guys are running 10 turns and I am running a 19 turn. I know that if we ran stock tonight, I would be much more competitive but I am not crazy enough to think that I'm there yet. Working with Chicky and running this summer will hopefully pay off. I am learning more every week about seeing and feeling what the car is doing. I now need to learn what to do about it after I know it:) . A couple more weeks of 19turn and then we may break out the Hara 9 turn.....just need to make sure there is a supply of 12th scale front end parts at the track! One thing I will say for sure....Huang and Medved will be in trouble in stock 12th scale!!! Sorry Ray!

Jimmy looked good last night.....I was ready to sell the car....having second thoughts right now. Parts probably wont be an issue for too long but for the time being, it certainly does suck! The tc3 is a stupid fast car but after having run and built the Xray and the Pro 4, It is depressing to look at the tc3. I love having to replace parts because they are worn out....not broken:rolleyes: can't imagine doing that on an Xray or the pro 4. What to do?????
fleetwood said:
joneser said:
Ray....nothing further will be said....I had a little fun while I was there but I won because I was clean and had run time.

Eric,
Awesome dude. That is exactly what it takes to win races. Do not sell yourself short bro. You are becoming a real threat on the race track.............. I am anxious to see you race next season especially if you continue to run all summer.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congratulations Eric I am pumped you won and by a smidge over Brian Rice who we all know is FAST!!!

ON the Pro4-I guess I just have top admit I suck. I too think the car handles well-its looks pretty quick on acceleration to me-but I am running 14.2 and Chicky and JImmy are running 13.3. I am confused :mad: -I mean I know this sounds cocky-but I think I am able to run within 0.2 to 0.3 off of you guys now. Look at the Nats-I ran 12.4 in 12th and 12.8 in Touring -I just dont get it.

I think I am going to go cry now :cry:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think we are getting a little crazy with the congrats....win by default is not all that impressive. Congrats for driving better maybe but the "win" was worth a little mouthing off on the stand but that was only in fun and I completely understand the reasons I "won".Brian would have done much better had he used his brain and set up his speedo before the evening got started. He will be much better next time out.

Pro-4 was good and you have been close to Jimmy and Paul in the past. I am not sure why this would be so different. I do know that when I drove the Pro-4 after jimmy set it up, it was the most drivable car Jimmy has ever had. Normally if you take his controller and car you think....my god...how is this piece of crap beating me this bad!!! Car has some potential. It seems like a tc3 with all the right things done to it. Parts are and issue right now but that cant be the case forever. I am just going crazy.....I was going to sell it but my speedo was causing me some issues with it and its much better now. Then there is my love of the XRAY.....still think its the best all around car out there....lastly there is the TC3....FAST piece of CRAP!

rayhuang said:
Congratulations Eric I am pumped you won and by a smidge over Brian Rice who we all know is FAST!!!

ON the Pro4-I guess I just have top admit I suck. I too think the car handles well-its looks pretty quick on acceleration to me-but I am running 14.2 and Chicky and JImmy are running 13.3. I am confused :mad: -I mean I know this sounds cocky-but I think I am able to run within 0.2 to 0.3 off of you guys now. Look at the Nats-I ran 12.4 in 12th and 12.8 in Touring -I just dont get it.

I think I am going to go cry now :cry:

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I love the TC3 in that speedy way!!! I spent a hour rebuilding the shocks the other night-smooooth as butter-awaiting my new BMI conversion for it!!

I am confident in the Pro4 still. I just wish I could run it a full night as I am left just wondering and I hate that.

The Xray-well I am getting that tricked out chassis from BMI for it this week too. Batteries WAY forward (think Cyrul), but not staggered and some other mods to make it ideal for the short arms.

But honestly-I am just extremely comptitive (arent we all) and I hate not being anywhere near the ballpark right now.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Losi dude XXXS G+

I asked the man himself-Hodgimoto-about the XXXS and getting it to square up on exit and have ANY on-power steering and he said:

quote:ray-Run 1/A rear link...this will help the car rotate. You can run prosquat....it will give the car more onpower steering. I also like to run the 41t pulley in the front. This helps the car steer everywhere. I then adjust the overdrive by just making my front tires a bit smaller than my rears.

So-you see I was right about the pro-squat!! :lol:

Ray

·
Registered
546 Posts
How do i put prosquat on my car??? I am running the 41T pulley in the front, and i am running the 1A position. You are having a hard time driving my car. I feel it but not as much as you do, so if you are going to be there this next wednesday for practice, we will run it until we get it perfect. Let me know on saturday or what not. see you then,
-Buddy

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Buddy-its your car-so if you like it you dont have to change it!!! You look really good driving it as is. But I think it would be faster if we did make a few changes. bring your car and all the rear blocks. Was it pushing less on power after taking out some of your throttle EXP?

·
Registered
546 Posts
It was pushing a little less, but still pushing, so i do want to make those changes, it cant hurt....Are you talking about all of my roll center blocks, or my block that i can choose 0, 2, or 4? Either way i will bring both.
-Buddy

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
The ones to choose 0, 2 or 4. We will end up putting one of them n the bottom or top set of holes and it might be up-or upside down. We'' make it up as we go along.

LOve, Goetz and I found we could feel a dramatic change in handling from a 1/2mm of pro-squat.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
bean's my hero said:
Hmmmm, ya me too I could tell the differance too. What in the world is prosquat anyways?

Jim
:rolleyes:
You dont need it!! You just drive!!! BTW-please leave the Pro4 at track Sat. please so i can nab the 2 deg block off the back.

Thanks,
Ray

1 - 20 of 1852 Posts