Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. I hope you got a beautiful christmas time and I'm wishing to all of you a happy new year. well, this christmas, I was lucky. I got from my brother Kronos One from star trek 6. That ship always was my favorite. anyway, I would like to put some lights inside, but, I would like to get some clear parts, especially the impulse engines and maybe the warp nacelles. I searched at Federation Models and I didn't see any. I know that a lot of people here built this ship, and maybe, you know how to get those parts.

Butch

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
To my knowledge, no one makes any lighting parts for the ERTL K'T'Inga kit. Several folks have purchased clear plastic, cut out the engine sections, painted the parts with a clear [color of choice here] and they've usually turned out looking pretty nice. So, there's a possible option for you.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've wanted to make a clear section for the Quo'ns One ship...but probably I only will when I want to build another Klingon D-7 again. So.... enough folk would have to pester me otherwise.

Anyhow....

Light is able to shine through the light blue AMT kit plastic. A unpainted rectangle is left with the rest of the engines interior is painted black to opaque. 3 or 4 GOW 6 volt bulbs are mounted inside. The picture below is of one inside engine that was buildt befor white LEDs where around. I'm certain 4 white LEDs located just outside the 4 corners and pointed inward of the unpainted interior patch would really make it glow.

On the exterior a coat of Tamiya's clear green is sprayed onto the bare kits plastic. Then you can detail it up with left over PE brass ship parts and plastic scrap.

On the rear impulse engine you should be able to cut out that area and replace it with thin white sheet painted Tamiya clear red. Red LEDs as a light sourse would be ideal. As a final step a diamond mesh screen was cut and placed inside the Impulse Engines.

DLM

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
interesting. when you're saying "thin white sheet", are you talking about some paper sheet or something more specific ?

Butch

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly, I had no idea I could get some plastic sheet that thin. I'll check out at my hobbyshop nearby... (they got nothing good. some cars and aircraft, that's all) But, I'll keep you informed. Thanks DLM.

Irishtrek, Yes, this is Kronos 1 I'll be building. I got some detailled pics on starshipmodeler already. It's going to be a long way to achieve it, but as soon as I get something that I will be happy with, be sure, I'll send some pics.

by the way, if someone else got some pics, any help or advice is welcomed !

Butch

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Hey, could you do Mr. McCullars the honor of posting a link to his site in your post, please? It better attributes where you got the images from while giving proper credit for them. Many thanks in advance. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.