Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems that IF you can find any, older Johnnies are being sold at bargain basement rates everywhere you turn right now. I've picked up some older Street Freaks cars at Wal Mart for a buck each that I passed on at three dollars plus each (10 for ten bucks is a lot better than $32 !!!). I picked up a couple of these

and a couple each of these

Over at TRU, the pickin's were slim, the cupboard almost bare, but I still managed to score this for a buck sixty eight

And finally at KB, I scored a couple of cars at $1.41 each ($1.88 first car, second car 1/2 price), both whites!!!!

I also managed to find a very old release, the original Projects In Progress car, a 1972 Road Runner from the Classic Gold series, for $1.88

Also scored the boxed 1/43 Tarantula Magma series (just couldn't resist, it looked too good!).

Now that I'm back on the road, visiting different areas and stores, I've seen my die cast purchases grow dramatically ... especially at these prices!

If there were any releases that you passed on at the original prices, this is a great time to play "catch up", and if you aren't seeing these in your area, it's a great time to trade with members who may be finding these in their areas. ;)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Congrats Rich! Some awesome cars there. Glad to see you're back on the road and being able to hunt. Since I've been moved into the office (with no going on the road), my hunting days have drastically been reduced. Good to see you making up for it.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
we did have 3 KB`s in town,now we have none. Man I wish at least 1 would come back

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Nice scores! I was out on business yesterday to, hit two K Marts, 3 Wallys and a pharmacy. Did score a WL Super Bee (see other board), and two GL's, but no discount JL's....

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Nice scores, Rich. Looks like the clearance cars are pretty much gome in this area. Now if they'd just restock the pegs with NEW stuff.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Found some JL's in the clearance aisle at WM today . Mostly Marvel junk . They were marked down to a whopping $3 ... I doubt they'll sell at that price .....

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nice scores Rich!

My local TRU, WAL*MART, and K-B haven't had anything in weeks (new or older cars that were clearanced).

I did however find the $0.97 cars at a TRU that were reduced to $0.50! I thought $0.97 was a deal, BUT $0.50 EACH!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts