Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was cleaning my room today (total dust pit) and I decided while the lighting was decent I'd take a few pictures of my four Jammers cases.

Are these showing up?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The yellow Datsun Z is an error. It has the standard Y5 wheels that were common in that version except the rear left one, which is a 10sp with overspray. I was disappointed when I opened it up when I got it whenever it came out, but nowadays I value it a lot more. :D

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Well that's very strange.

Don't have too many modern MBs, but all the ones I have with those wheels are hanging in there just fine.

Including the Alfas.

Do you live in an area where it gets brutally hot and humid maybe???
Worse than "Earth"? ;)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that's very strange.

Don't have too many modern MBs, but all the ones I have with those wheels are hanging in there just fine.

Including the Alfas.

Do you live in an area where it gets brutally hot and humid maybe???
Worse than "Earth"? ;)
Perhaps it was that I would handle them a lot. I'm more careful now.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you display any? I notice all you posted there were in cases. Just wondering I know not everyone has the room to display.
You mean like this? :D

I have some more loose ones in other places, but this is pretty much what's on display. Just wherever I can put them since I don't really have many good ways to store them. All the 1960s Lesneys (the better ones are on top of a bookshelf not pictured) are from an estate sale.

And obviously Lego was my primary hobby. :D I still buy, just not as much anymore since most of the Star Wars sets are just remakes of ones I either already have or ones I'm not too interested in at the moment.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Yes!

Perhaps it was that I would handle them a lot. I'm more careful now.
YES....that will do it big time.
The oils from your fingers are hard on plastic chrome foiled wheels and other parts.

Also, try not to touch the bases of your models that are not painted. You can easily mess up a nice box-fresh Lesney or vintage HW thatta way!

Great color combo on that Rolls Royce Yesteryear. I believe the box says 1973?

And what is that light blue and large scale car?
Sorta looks like it's constructed from a thick sheet of paper.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YES....that will do it big time.
The oils from your fingers are hard on plastic chrome foiled wheels and other parts.

Also, try not to touch the bases of your models that are not painted. You can easily mess up a nice box-fresh Lesney or vintage HW thatta way!

Great color combo on that Rolls Royce Yesteryear. I believe the box says 1973?

And what is that light blue and large scale car?
Sorta looks like it's constructed from a thick sheet of paper.
So would that explain how my two Crack-ups and the Tomica have what looks like a coating on the bases, from oils from the previous owner?

Yeah, it says 1973 on it. $5 at an antique mall. They had others but I didn't look at the bases, I think it's the oldest they had.

It's a cardstock or paper 1958 Toyopet Crown, the bottom gives specs about the 1:1 and something saying "Toyota 50 Years in America 1957-2007." I assume it's a dealer promo but I've never seen anything like it online at all. As far as I know my pics are the only pics of it online.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, and the yellow car under the $uper Mustang is the all small wheels variation of the Chevy Luv. I only found one, and I assume it's the earliest batch. International card, I don't know about any US-carded ones.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Another set of cool jammer pics. I need to photograph mine - mostly so I can remember what is in them!

I have a lot of the next versions of many of the Matchbox. To many to list out but the VW The Things, Lotus and Citreons stand out. I do have the green Porsche 914 and the Firestone D-100 still.

I have even more of the HWs with the Astons standing out for me.

But the older Matchboxes on the open shelves are awesome! I'd like to run across one of those transporters in the wild some day!

🤙

1 - 18 of 18 Posts