Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a couple of thee tracks for kids to come in and play on for free at my shop and they where older tracks
the cars go for a little bit and than stop
I was told by a few ppl I need to clean the tracks
What is the easiest way to do this. I have 2 of these huge tracks and now I can't get the kids playing on them since they can run 4 cars
I know for sure its not P/S as I put a brand new tri power AFX on it and new cars too
I just want the track to be able to run for the kids And Adults with out haveing to spend a fortune on new track since I already bought these 2

I am trying to see if I get a following for Slots so I can move up to a routed 1/32 slot
Thanks

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I usually use 1000 grit wet dry sand paper to clean the rails. Wrap a 1/3 sheet around a small chunk of 2X4 so the paper only hits the rail top. Once you've got that done, a wipe down with a squirt or two of WD-40 on a shop rag will clean up the loose stuff. Wipe down with a clean rag when done. Once you have it clean, a swiffer duster wiping is all it needs, depending on how dusty your location is. The more use the track gets, the cleaner it will stay. I recommend snagging a US1 truck ( the green dump trucks go cheap enough) and run that around a few laps first thing every day. The double pick up system helps it run on a so so clean track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts