Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I'm not sure if hwdan has updated recently but at the rate new ones are appearing in local stores it hardly matters. The Hot Bird is out in 5 colors now and I have only seen 2 Black ones on the pegs. Bah!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Here is the list from Dan's site as of 09/04

HW Classics Series 2:
-70 Chevelle Convertible- antifreeze, red, black, blue, pink, green, orange (Comic Con Car)
- 62 Chevy Bubble Top-olive w/white OR clear interior, black gold, blue, red
- 65 Corvette-light blue (clear OR white interior), orange- blackwalls OR redlines, purple, black emerald, red
- 57 Chevy Bel Air Convertible-magenta, light blue, chrome, purple OR dark purple, orange, black, dark blue (reward car)
- 58 Corvette-mint green, pink, dark blue OR dark blue, antifreeze, red, purple
- 65 Mustang Hardtop-light OR dark brown, green w/clear OR white interior, red, yellow w/ black stripes, steel blue, black, green
- 67 Camaro Convertible-gold, blue w/white OR black interior, orange, pink, black, red, blue, dark purple (reward car)
- Anglia Panel Truck-purple, black with red line OR yellow lettered tires, light OR dark. gold, red, chrome
- Ford GT40-antifreeze, green, blue, red, purple, orange
- Ford Thunderbolt-black, blue, pink, bronze
- 57 Thunderbird-red, mint green, dark OR darker blue, antifreeze, purple
- 65 Pontiac Bonneville-light blue, gold OR dark gold, black, purple, antifreeze, black
- Madd Propz-red, copper, blue, green, purple
- 67 Pontiac GTO-light green w/clear OR white interior, black, orange, red
- Mustang Mach 1-gold, pink w/5 OR 7 spoke wheels, orange, steel blue, red, purple, blue, green
- 69 Dodge Charger-purple, antifreeze, steel blue, green, black
- Dairy Delivery-blue w/short OR long scallops on sides, purple, green, orange, red
- 3-Window 34-olive, purple, teal, chrome, root beer, dark blue (Speed, KS car)
- 40 Ford Coupe-magenta, chrome, light Green with white OR black interior, aqua green
- Shelby Cobra 427 S/C-chrome, red, blue
- VW Convertible-red, blue, chrome, green, aqua green
- 49 Merc Convertible-light purple, blue, black gold OR dark black gold, yellow, antifreeze
- Hooligan-blue, gold, magenta OR dark magenta, green
- Hot Bird-black, blue, chrome with OR without Firebird logo on sides, red
- Customized VW Drag Truck-light teal and white, purple and white, orange and white, blue and white, red and white, yellow and black
- Blast Lane-orange, antifreeze, purple, green, blue
- W-Oozie-dark blue, red, orange, antifreeze, purple
-Snake Funny Car-black, orange, blue
- 55 Chevy-orange & white, red and white, blue and white, antifreeze and white
- Plymouth Hemi Cuda-red, antifreeze, ice blue

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yesterday I saw a whole 3 pegs full of the Classics. I bought the purple and white Drag Bus. It's going to be a reward for my grandson when he poops in his potty.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Zom said:
Yesterday I saw a whole 3 pegs full of the Classics. I bought the purple and white Drag Bus. It's going to be a reward for my grandson when he poops in his potty.
What a terrific reward, and how appropriate!
I found a few of these yesterday, and picked up the '69 Charger (antifreeze),
the '70 Chevelle SS Convertible (Blue) and the '67 Camaro Convertible (Red).
I think the Chevelle convert is pretty well done.

·
Registered
793 Posts
HotBirds, working on getting 3 of every color and I'm down to needing 1 silver and 3 gold. With the exception of the black/purple one that I've found a bunch of on the pegs, the others I've had to trade for.
(Those Import Heat WL's are good for something)
Cant wait till Saturdays K-day to pick up a bunch of the new mainline one.
Getting costly picking up the classics one for coustoms.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Just salt in my wounds but what color?

No Meijers here. :(
You might try autozone or Schucks. They seem to e carrying the Hotbird. First time I saw the silver and godl one was in Schucks. Surpised the heck out of me.
Richard

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
No Schucks here either. We suck huh! There are Autozones, but the last one I was in had 2 Classics. They were newer, but no Hot Birds. I guess it's time to do the AZ circuit when time permits. :D Thanks.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Redline_Fever said:
Don't mean to sound stupid here but I am still new to this. What is a hotbird?
Can some one post a picture?
It's the look-a-like to the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am. The first issue of the Hot Birds in the Classics line was done in black with the gold bird on the hood. Nice likeness. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts