Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I just wanted to say that I have never seen one at wal mart and I'm glad because I may have been tempted to buy it.
I don't know what this set costs, but I have an idea. Too much!

I bought a few loose pieces for my collection and when they arrived, I was just horrified. For something that is supposed to be a "chase" piece, these cars had blistering paint and the wheels just flop around because the axles are not secured.

I feel for those that paid all that money for the 30 car set and very disappointed that Mattel put out such a subpar product at what I suspect is a premium price.

When you see so many people breaking up the set just to try recouping their money it speaks volumes for the quaility of the cars.
How many here have purchased this set and have you opened it?
What do you think of the quality?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nope, not buying, even if I am lucky enough to find the set. The only car I really want is the Ranchero, it's really not worth paying $100 dollars(estimate) or so for these cars.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for the head's up. Too bad, I've been collecting the Classics series all along, at least what I could find within reason. Only found half of the badge series from last year, and had to go on a goose chase to get those.

If the quality on such a premium set is so...crappy...it really doesn't do much to promote Hot Wheels or Mattel.

As much as I grumble and complain over the years, I keep buying the darn things. But I am beginning to think the time is coming when they won't be making anything I am willing to buy. Ending the Classics is a part of that, and ending them in such a disgusting way only makes it worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts