Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be a Sportsman (only) class shoot-out for 1/4 scales at Classic Hobbies & Raceway (Akron Ohio) Sunday, Oct 1st. Gate / track opens @ 11 am, racing starts at 1pm.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Akron Ohio

Nice track, good people, and an excelent host in Walt. I've only been there once, but had a really great time. The competition is good too. They will have a lot of people there if the weather is half way decent. I would expect 20 sportsman or more.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, if the weather is nice, I would expect 20 + cars easy.

Any Mich. racers coming? GLQSR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know if classic raceway is runing sunday oct 8 and if so the times ive been out there very nice track and some of the tightest racing ive seen anywhere would like to join in on the fun probably not till next season

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Classic is racing 1/4 scale on Sunday's in Oct. Weather permitting. Racing starts at 1 pm.

I'll be there on Oct. 15th.

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did....... It was a great race!

SG

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eric - I'll be back @ Classic on Sunday Oct.15th. There is a BIG crowd of 1/4 scale expected then. I can't wait!! Stop over.

SG

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Lets see I think I am actually in town that weekend. hmm maybe not will be in Columbus Mississippi for work then in Columbus OH for the weekend. if i get back in time i will for sure stop by

·
Registered
62 Posts
How to Contact Classic Hobbies

Can someone please tell me a little bit about the size of the track at Classic Hobbies and do they run Sprint Cars. I have recently purchased a WCM and only got to run it once over in Indiana and woud like to run it again before winter. Are there any indoor places to race these? Such as the State Fairgrounds quarter Midget and go kart track.
Thanks
Mike Stuchell
Batavia, Ohio

·
Registered
623 Posts
Stuch said:
Can someone please tell me a little bit about the size of the track at Classic Hobbies and do they run Sprint Cars. I have recently purchased a WCM and only got to run it once over in Indiana and woud like to run it again before winter. Are there any indoor places to race these? Such as the State Fairgrounds quarter Midget and go kart track.
Thanks
Mike Stuchell
Batavia, Ohio
NO SPRINT CARS RUN HERE JUST THE GN. CARS IT HAS A RUN LINE OF ABOUT 280' OR SO NICE TIGHT RACING HERE THEY HAVE TWO CLASSES MOST OF THE TIME SPORTSMAN AND GRAND NATIONAL HOPE THIS HELPS :thumbsup:

LATER
CHRIS KLINK

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stuch,

At one time (2002) Classic did race Sprints, but as Chris said, they no longer do. Classic is on the small side, but it's very fast and racey. Fun. It will make a good driver out of you!

If you would like to try sprint racing on dirt / clay look me up.

Scott George

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dirt Racing

Scott:
I would be very interested incoming to Naugle to race if you have any races left this year. It is interesting that my family lives near Pittsburgh in Kittaning. What tires would I need and does anyone sell them in your area?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
251 Posts
Where is this track located? I live in lancaster Pa. Can you get there from here by way of either I80 or Pa turnpike? Throw me an address & I can do a map quest Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Classic Hobbies
1994 E. Waterloo Road
Akron, Ohio, 44312

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.