Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any pictures from the old banked track? If so let me know I would like to see them.

Thanks,

Mario

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I'll look. I may have pictures from when my car went through the wall coming out of 4 back in 2000... yes, it literally went through the wall. LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
i think i do but its hard to see you way in the back LOL. hope all is well and hope to race with you soon let me know if they will be running the hangover race this year been missing that.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Roman, if you are asking about running the hang-over at classic, I am sorry to tell you that they are now running indoor off-road. No more carpet oval. Kevin

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roman,

Banked track is gone, sure do miss it! Walt sold the place and torn down the track before he actually had it sold. And with the biggest race of the year being flat no one wants to race on a banked track. I personal think flat is damn boring but who am I...

Sure do miss all the guys and the good times! Wish we could go back about 10 years!!! Best times of my life.

Hope all is well!

Kevin and eveyone, thanks! Let me know what you come up with!

Mario

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Is it possible to have a banked track where the outside groove worked as good as the inside groove?

Know what you mean about the flat track racing... used to race at Sandhills banked oval in NC and absolutely loved that track.

Bill

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
That looks like it would be fun to run. How long was the run line?

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
I miss that track. It was alot of fun to race on. If we only could have had a lipo race there I think 10.5 2s would have been a blast! Wheelie Time!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some will disagree but Classic was the best banked track around. High banks and high speeds. Sandhills was awesome but it was bigger with less banking and bigger sweeping turns. Both are missed!!!

The run line was 189 feet. Mod record was 70 4:04. 3.2's up front. Classic was a fast ass track!

I never understood why everyone loves flat tracks instead of banks. I know the Snowbirds are flat but come on thats one race a year. I bet if Boylan would make the oval track banked he would still get a crowd. I know contructing 2 tracks would be very expensive but it sure would be awesome!

Mike O, whats up! How's it going?

Mario

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I ran the Winterblast at Turn 4 (K/N) last year for the first time in 9 years last season, All I can say after that is how much I miss the banked tracks. I wish it were closer so I could run it more often.

I remember running Classic twice in 2000. A couple weeks before ROAR nats, and then again for Nats. The first time out I ran 4 cell stock. I had a radio glitch and it lodged my car into the turn 4 wall... nice big hole, suprisingly it did little damage to the car.

Came back for Nats and Steve Miller had talked me into running 4 cell mod. First day I sucked, rebuilt the car, went back the next day, won my heat and just missed the A main. I led from like the 3rd lap on, but everyone else dumped and I kept running into dead cars.

I was sad to hear they took it down when I got back into RC a couple years ago. I was hoping to make it back there again.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts