Hobbyist Forums banner

Classic Hobbies '07 Outdoor Season

18K views 374 replies 33 participants last post by  lonwolpf 
#1 ·
Sunday, April 22nd, gates open at 11am, racing at 1pm. Time to get it on boys, get 'em ready. It's going to be a great year. Good friends, good laughs, and excellent racing make Classic the place to be in '07. BE THERE.

#77 ·
I think everyone led the A-main at one point!.... As usual John C had a very STRONG car, Don was fast, Dick was quick, BIG GREEN had it goin' on too. FUN!!......Not sure what happened to Bob T, but he seemed fast as well.

The Sportsman guys showed a ton of SPEED! Larry "gunslinger" was driving the wheels of his car! Literally, the RR came apart. LOL Good Job though!

BIG Thank you goes out to my home boy John C for takin' care of the #65 ride (the new set up was awesome) !!

#78 ·
You didn't hit me John!!!!!!!!! I feel left out!!!LOLOL. Yes, it was a great day
allover. Good racin', good freinds, good weather, gotta love it!!! :thumbsup: P.S. John was very strong, 5.80, best time in the A. The rest of us were at 5.93 and 5.94, awesome baby, awesome. :wave:

#81 ·
Congrats to all you guys who made it yesterday! As everyone else has pointed out, it was a great day with some very close racing, a lot of "ring rust", and even more fun.

I was very impressed with all of the new drivers. You now know that the most important thing is patience. You all did very well, pat yourselves on teh back you deserve it!

Glad that you could make it Scott, it's always a blast racing you and John! Hope to see you again soon.

#82 ·
LOL "ring rust" .. LOL i like that.
Ryan, i did hit you but it was ever so soft. just spun you around with a touch to left rear corner . you spun i kept going. and then i went to the back. LOL neither of us hit anything .

I remember when one wreck going into turn 3. everyone dove for the grass to miss it. it was kind of funny to see. 4 cars atleast all headed straight to
the grass. thats good heads up driving though. can't win if you don't
finish the race to start with.

that track is very slow. typical for start of season. nothing unusual.

#84 ·
Gunslinger#80 said:
The gunslinger team would like to say thank you all for the help sunday and it was a great racing by all. I my self had a blast except for the no brakes, spindals,fuel problems,and loss of all radio for the main but still was a blast for the first time out. lol

You guys did great.

Remember, If you ever need any help plz ask, I'll do my best to head u in the right direction.

#93 ·
The Double D powered Ward Racing Monte Carlo will be there. We were good in practice, and you can't say enough about this team, they keep giving me excellent cars to........................oh, sorry I was day dreaming again..... :jest: :lol: :lol: :wave:

#97 · (Edited)
IN2RACIN said:
Who won what?
If my memory serves me correct it was John C.... It was between him and Don D. they both had 10.5 carbs.... Bob T. and Dick K. and Ryan W. gave them all a good run... turning 5.8s and 5.9 all five guys. I had the pole but it only took about 3 laps for John and Don to get by me and I squezed a little hard and got sideways and it was over for me. "crash"

#101 ·
Lonwolpf is correct, I forgot to nab the sheet prior to leaving sunday, and was not sure of the finishing order. Good job guys and some of the best driving I have seen by everyone. Remember, this week we go to Saturdays!!!!!! Under the lights baby!!!!!!! Gates open at 11a, racing at 5p. So, who's gonna be there on Saturday? :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.