Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 375 Posts

· Registered
565 Posts
No Idea about the 10.5..... a couple guys were running them Sunday. They started out as 10.5 with the restrictor plate and didn't run that well so they just took it out. I was running my 9.0 with a restrictor, I was slower but my car worked real well

· Registered
565 Posts
IN2RACIN said:
I ran the 10.5 carb. with an 8.5 plate the last two races last season. I was in the low 5.7's.

Btw - You should not have to adjust (10.5 carb) your carb. when you install a 8.5 plate. and visa versa......
I only had my 9.0 with a restrictor plate in so I can't tell you guys much. I do know one of the guys running a 10.5 said he couldn't get it the way he wanted... I have a 10.5 so I might try it.... I know last year when ever I ran a restrictor I did not have to adjust the carb at all..

· Registered
565 Posts
rybred33 said:
If anyone has info to who broke into Classic and took Nick Ellis' race car and other items please let us know. It seems weird that only select items were missing. Someone is a real smuck.
Everyone that races should keep there eyes and ears open for some new cars being sold or someone with a new car... will be hard to find out who took it. when I was running Greentown someone took a new guys truck.... never did find out who it was.... and when I ran a carpet ovel out of my office in new philadelphia, some kids stole some of my office equipment cd players disc palyers and such... new who did it just coupldn't prove it and the parents just plain didn't want to hear that their child did such a thing...would be nice to catch them in the act

· Registered
565 Posts
IN2RACIN said:
Who won what?
If my memory serves me correct it was John C.... It was between him and Don D. they both had 10.5 carbs.... Bob T. and Dick K. and Ryan W. gave them all a good run... turning 5.8s and 5.9 all five guys. I had the pole but it only took about 3 laps for John and Don to get by me and I squezed a little hard and got sideways and it was over for me. "crash"

· Registered
565 Posts
rybred33 said:
Lonwolpf is correct, I forgot to nab the sheet prior to leaving sunday, and was not sure of the finishing order. Good job guys and some of the best driving I have seen by everyone. Remember, this week we go to Saturdays!!!!!! Under the lights baby!!!!!!! Gates open at 11a, racing at 5p. So, who's gonna be there on Saturday? :thumbsup:
not me gotta work have fun guys

· Registered
565 Posts
rybred33 said:
I also have a restrictor plate you can use, I also have an 8.5 that runs pretty darn good at the ole Classic Corral, I never drilled out to reach the screw but I was still competitive with the stock configuration. How bout Lonwolpf, gonna go the extra mile to help out. You the man, and you pit alone!!!!! :thumbsup:
Looks like rybred has it covered... have fun racing guys. wish I could be there....

1 - 20 of 375 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.