Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday, April 22nd, gates open at 11am, racing at 1pm. Time to get it on boys, get 'em ready. It's going to be a great year. Good friends, good laughs, and excellent racing make Classic the place to be in '07. BE THERE.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awwwwwwwww yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! BIG GREEN and others put down practice laps today. Everyone looked good and the Double D engine has plenty'o'rip!!!!!! It's gonna be a great year!!!! GOBIGGREEN

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
LOL....... it was a nice day. was wondering if anybody was running over
there.

D. D. is someones initals that rebuilt the motor for him. thats all.

So what is the rules of the GN class? QSAC rules?

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Is Classic running the 10.5 carb. in GN now?

·
Registered
565 Posts
No Idea about the 10.5..... a couple guys were running them Sunday. They started out as 10.5 with the restrictor plate and didn't run that well so they just took it out. I was running my 9.0 with a restrictor, I was slower but my car worked real well

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LetsRace said:
LOL....... it was a nice day. was wondering if anybody was running over
there.

D. D. is someones initals that rebuilt the motor for him. thats all.

So what is the rules of the GN class? QSAC rules?
Gotta love physchological warfare.... just messin'. I guess those are good questions, I assume the same as last year, 9.0 GN, 8.5 Sportsman, really have not discussed it with anyone or Walt for that matter. As far as Qsac rules go I would say that the same applies as always at Classic. Scott and John would know better about previous years rule packages at the track. I thought we always followed Qsac regulations, but I better get out the rule book and assure what may or may not be considered Qsac rules. Good to see "LETSRACE" on the ole Classic thread, and getting a good lol, I PULLED THE RESTRICTOR OUT BUDDY!!!!!C-ya!!! RW :thumbsup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lonwolpf said:
No Idea about the 10.5..... a couple guys were running them Sunday. They started out as 10.5 with the restrictor plate and didn't run that well so they just took it out. I was running my 9.0 with a restrictor, I was slower but my car worked real well
AAAWWWWW, I DIDN'T SEE A PLATE IN THAT CAR!!!!! LOL, GOBIGGREEN!!!!! :devil:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
rybred33 said:
Gotta love physchological warfare.... just messin'. I guess those are good questions, I assume the same as last year, 9.0 GN, 8.5 Sportsman, really have not discussed it with anyone or Walt for that matter. As far as Qsac rules go I would say that the same applies as always at Classic. Scott and John would know better about previous years rule packages at the track. I thought we always followed Qsac regulations, but I better get out the rule book and assure what may or may not be considered Qsac rules. Good to see "LETSRACE" on the ole Classic thread, and getting a good lol, I PULLED THE RESTRICTOR OUT BUDDY!!!!!C-ya!!! RW :thumbsup:

Classic always ran the 10.5 carbs in the GN class, then they went to the 9mm carb. when QSAC tried the 9 mm in GN (for one season?), then QSAC switched back to 10.5..........At Classic I ran the same lap times with both the 8.5 plate and the 9 mm carb.........The fastest laps I ever turned @ Classic was with a 10.5 carb. 5.6002.

Other than the carb. rule(s), I think Classic runs by all QSAC rules. I could be wrong.

STRAP IN A 10.5 AND LETS RACE!! LOL

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
lonwolpf said:
I ran the 10.5 carb. with an 8.5 plate the last two races last season. I was in the low 5.7's.

Btw - You should not have to adjust (10.5 carb) your carb. when you install a 8.5 plate. and visa versa......

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
well, i hope they go to 10.5 in GN. cause really.. 8.5 and 9.0 are basicly the same. so why separate them. i like the 10.5 because on that track it
is hard enough to pass as is. with a ttle more power you can get it done before the next turn and have less yellows. work on the setup and
that little extra isn't a problem. most of the racers there have gotten
alot better and running better setups. i think it will be fine to go back to the
larger carb.

·
Registered
565 Posts
IN2RACIN said:
I ran the 10.5 carb. with an 8.5 plate the last two races last season. I was in the low 5.7's.

Btw - You should not have to adjust (10.5 carb) your carb. when you install a 8.5 plate. and visa versa......
I only had my 9.0 with a restrictor plate in so I can't tell you guys much. I do know one of the guys running a 10.5 said he couldn't get it the way he wanted... I have a 10.5 so I might try it.... I know last year when ever I ran a restrictor I did not have to adjust the carb at all..

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Sonny B said:
Classic with 1/4 scales is like flying a jet fighter in a gym... But I had a blast last time I was there.

FUNNY!! Classic IS a lot of fun!!

Short track racing / rubbin' at its best!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IN2RACIN said:
Classic always ran the 10.5 carbs in the GN class, then they went to the 9mm carb. when QSAC tried the 9 mm in GN (for one season?), then QSAC switched back to 10.5..........At Classic I ran the same lap times with both the 8.5 plate and the 9 mm carb.........The fastest laps I ever turned @ Classic was with a 10.5 carb. 5.6002.

Other than the carb. rule(s), I think Classic runs by all QSAC rules. I could be wrong.

STRAP IN A 10.5 AND LETS RACE!! LOL
just when I thought I was runnin' with the big dogs.....I"ll run whatever the track director specifies....how's that for politically correct!!!!!!!LOL, I believe I can do it though, 10.5 that is, BIGGREENKNOWSNOFEAR. :wave:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If anyone has info to who broke into Classic and took Nick Ellis' race car and other items please let us know. It seems weird that only select items were missing. Someone is a real smuck.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I hate to hear crap like this. Nick is a great kid! When was this? What kinda car? Qscale? or ??

1 - 20 of 375 Posts