Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 759 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be starting in door's 10/7 Break out them cars and dust them off for some racing, No more rain to worry about....

Also we are having a Stock ShootOut, 11/18 Already around 23 people for sure, Will be one tough stock crowd...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Looking forward to another great banked oval season.
I am sure "Team John" will dominate the has been "team Rick".

I want to see if anyone is interested in a brushless class. I would like to run that as well as the stock class. We need to check the interest and then set up some rules. This could be a brushless stock class with no modifications to keep it even and fun. this could be a fun class that requires little or no work except charge a lipo battery and dope some tires.

·
Registered
372 Posts
aracefan3 said:
I want to see if anyone is interested in a brushless class. I would like to run that as well as the stock class. We need to check the interest and then set up some rules. This could be a brushless stock class with no modifications to keep it even and fun. this could be a fun class that requires little or no work except charge a lipo battery and dope some tires.
Make it a Spec battery pack and i'm in!! Sounds fun.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
John a spec motor 21T and spec battery (i think they are like 1600 or 1700mah) can go as fast if not faster than 4 cell stock.

I would think a spec battery with a brushless 4300 would be faster than stock.
Runtime could be an issue though. Might have to gear em down.

Now that would be an interesting class to run. Should keep the cost down

·
Registered
212 Posts
I will be racing stock until the stock shootout. Then I will go up to 19turn. Hey martin to keep it interesting we should bounce back and forth every week from 19turn to stock.

·
Registered
726 Posts
What is the issue with the lipos, are they dangerous or something?

Keeping the cost down and having another class (Cheaper) to run would be a good thing. God knows the place could use a few new faces and a low cost, low maintenance program could be the answer.

Every time i talk to anyone interested in this they are immediately put off with the cost. At this rate we going to be racing in the parking lots soon. This class has to be a class that doesnt allow any of the modified stuff that is messing up the classes we have now. A straight out of the box brushless motor with speed contoll attached is one answer i think. the racing would be left to talent and car set up. Making the tires blue / green like bush might also help keep it close and less expencive.

what are your thoughts guys?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Ive Seen A Lipo Go Boom.they Even Make Blow Bags For Them. I Like To Use The When Im Just In The Back Yard Playing.lipo And Brushess That Would Be Like 19t- Mod. I Do Think Spec Batteries And Brushless Would Be Perfect.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Is There Going To Be A Day For Practice This Year During Store Hours. It's Hard For A Kinda Newbie To Get Good If You Can't Practice. I Know It Took Me Awhile Before I Said What The Heck And Tried It There,im Hooked Now But Still Need Alot Of Practice.IM Doing Double Duty This Year Sat At Classic And Sunday At Freddies I Know Ill Be At Freddies Practicing................................................... Who Would Like To Have A Practice Day AT CLASSIC???????????????

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Used to be Tues nights back in the day.
Eddie & Ricky used to help us newbies out with setup and how to properly build a car.
Each week was a different area of the car. Shocks one week, front end the next, diff the next week.

If I wasnt out of town most weeks I would offer to come down but been too busy lately.

·
Registered
389 Posts
id be there. i always need to learn how to build things properly on the car. lol. i should be there this weekend. lets get walt a good crowd this weekend.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thats Exactly What I Mean Theres Time To Have Somone Help You On A Practice Day. On Race Day I Know Guys Help But They Do Have There Own Stuff To Get Ready To. But Every Does Do There Best To Help Ya.

1 - 20 of 759 Posts