Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somebody open their rule book and give me the weight limits for the following NORRCA classes please: 4c spec;6c spec;4c stock;4c 19t;and nitro.Also the height limit with cap tires. My book has come amiss.Thanks

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
I've never seen a weight rule for the "SPEC" classes , I do believe that EA announced early in the year the weight for ALL 4 cell classes is 44.000 oz. Height w/ caps is still 4.5000" I believe.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found it,sportsman classes,40oz,expert and factory 38 oz.without trans,6c spec 42 oz w/o trans,ht 4.5 in.

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Danny,

Check w/ Eric Anderson, I believe ALL the 4 cell weights went up...( I disagreed w/ the principle and kept our series weight at 38 OZ for all classes and several drivers got warned at the Paved Oval Nat's because of it...)

I thought it was on this board someplace, but could not find it...

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
For Carpet tracks:
This is what we ran at the last Norrca nats - 40 oz with a transponder
I believe Roar is the same.
ARCOR is 39.8 with a transponder.

·
Registered
132 Posts
At the recent NORRCA nats, there wasn't any clarity on this. We were told 38oz for all Expert classes, and 40 for sportsman. Then at the tech table during the event, they said that all mod classes were 38oz. I confirmed it with them several times and then pulled the lead out of my car. The NORRCA oval rules haven't really been updated and set in stone for 2004 - they seem to be variable depending on when you ask and who you ask. The official rules on their website are 2 years old and out of date. If you go by that, then 3300mah batteries are illegal too. They need to be updated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Take some stick-on lead weight with you and if you need to add it, put it near the CG of the car and it won't change the handling too much. The CG on most cars will usually be just to the left of the T-plate and in the area between the two pivot balls. At least thats where my cars usually end up. I had just enough room between the battery and the t-plate to fit it in there. I added weight (2 oz) there, and then took it back out later on and didn't really notice any difference in the balance, but the car seemed like it accelerated off the corner better without the weight.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got a clarification from Don,all electric classes except 6c spec is 40 oz. without transponder.thanks for info above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts