Hobbyist Forums banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Issues

First off this thread is about ideas. Some have complained that the GN and Sportsman classes do not offer enough seperation of classes. I offered some ideas that a friend of mine and I discussed, ideas that have merit and offer change. I offered ideas for a change. I did not ask for the change, only offered some ideas. I will run a solid axle car this year at some events at give a report.
Novice class. Q.S.A.C. has a novice class and it is for those just starting there 1/4 scale experience. It is avalible at most local tracks I run have at. It is basicly the same as Sportsman but dedicated to the less experienced. It is also a legal N.C.S. class. They just do not race for the cash payouts, only trophys and bragging rights.
Local classes. QSAC offers guide lines for classes to run. These classes are adheared to at national events so each competitor will have the same chance as any other with his equiptment. It offers stability when traveling to other races. As a local ciub these are guidelines only. Locally you can alter your rules to fit your needs.
Now if the following offends anyone then sorry you'll have to deal with it. I have my opinions also. If the majority of the people that whine and cry and moan and groan put that energy into promoting the hobby instead of complaining about it . Well we would have a beautiful experience everytime we go to the track.
Fact: You have the right to put in writen form any suggestion for change that you would like to see. Few do it. NO. Very few do it. Then its complaints about the rules.
Fact: The Q.S.A.C. leadership team tries its best to keep the racing fair and at a reasonable cost to all. Have a great day.:wave:

·
Registered
55 Posts
First off this thread is about ideas. Some have complained that the GN and Sportsman classes do not offer enough seperation of classes. I offered some ideas that a friend of mine and I discussed, ideas that have merit and offer change. I offered ideas for a change. How about this Mr. Murry

To open up GN, what about the no restrictor and then let these guys run, any kind of clutch they want. Looking at the 1/5 scale web pages, they have some very nice adjustable clutches. With, these adjustable clutches, maybe the tire wear would not be as bad.

·
Registered
328 Posts
sportsmen

Hey Fred, the reason I race sportsmen is because you can drive door handle to door handle with 10 guys for 150 laps WITH OUT SOMEONE DRIVING THROUGH YOUR DOOR and putting your car into the outside wall on the last lap last turn just like what we all seen happen in GN at your NCS race so stuff your cherry picking :wave:

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
:p I know now why your car is Red, Arn't Cherrys red :rolleyes: hummmm

At least you can roll with it. That is always a good thing. Its all just ideas and having fun. " CP " :tongue:

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Something to think about in reducing the cost of racing, is supporting a cheaper fuel instead of c-16. During our super series, we used track fuel which was Sunoco 110 bought from a pump not far from the track. 100 plus in the shade and there was no issues with motors. 7 bucks a gallon is alot better than 18 plus for c-16 and it will help those that have difficulty finding VP products in their area.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Something to think about in reducing the cost of racing, is supporting a cheaper fuel instead of c-16. During our super series, we used track fuel which was Sunoco 110 bought from a pump not far from the track. 100 plus in the shade and there was no issues with motors. 7 bucks a gallon is alot better than 18 plus for c-16 and it will help those that have difficulty finding VP products in their area.
Daniel,
C16 is only mandated for the NCS races and the track provides that which the cost is recouped through entry fees. Using C16 during club races is nothing more than a choice and your correct LPR used Sunoco 110 during the Super Series this year. Given the choice I'll still use the C16, it's just one less thing to worry about beside 5 gallons will almost last me a full race year.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Something to think about, if the fuel was cheaper for an NCS race, the entry fee could be reduced, the host track could earn a little bit more money or better yet the payouts could be increased a bit(providing enough entries). Thinking outside the box again and the racers that buy their fuel and the tracks that provide fuel every raceday.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Maybe the slower beginner drivers should stop moving out of the way and start making the CHERRY PICKERS drive around theme. There is another class to move up to.
Good Idea.

I have been to a few races where guys will pull up for certain people and let them by, and in the same race another guy can be laping them for the second or third time and they will fight him tooth and nail for evey inch. Have you ever been standing on the drivers stand and hear the guy next to you thank someone for letting them by and then when you come up to that person they fight you for every inch of track. (i have)

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Have you ever been standing on the drivers stand and hear the guy next to you thank someone for letting them by and then when you come up to that person they fight you for every inch of track. (i have)
Be nice to your brothers :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Trucks 8.5

Sportsman / GN : 9.5 (One car class)

Sprint 10.5

Trucks would be a stepping stone to the car class (the way it should be). With a (new) 9.5 plate the lap times would only be 3/4 to a tenth slower than what we turn now (example 6.5 to 6.6) with a 10.5 (GN), plus, it would a bit easier to "hook" up....The other benefit would be on tires. It would be a tiny bit easier on RR tires.

Looking at the "Big" picture this is way to go IMO........Large car counts will draw more racers to our sport. Numbers breed numbers...No one wants to race with two or three cars (or trucks). Plus it doesn't look very appealing from the stands.
Another bump. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
i think if you guys want to seperate the two classes do what nascar has done and make the gn class run the cot body and keep the same carb for the sportsmans and the gn class i think that would be cool the bodys might be a lil more those guys that run gn usually have some money to spend anyways i just got into this 1/4 scale racing and i am low budget racing team i do with what i have i get beat week end and week out but i still have a blast and i think that it would make the cars look a lil more apealling and more scale looking and maybe even have a different spoiler rule for the gn too or something i think this is a good idea

141 - 152 of 152 Posts