Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Wow, now that's an intelligent post. You know, that would hurt my feelings if I valued your opinion...seriously...LOL

Like posted before, it's a public forum with public opinion. Click the red X in the upper righthand corner of this page if my ideas, thoughts and concerns bother you.:thumbsup:

why so many ideas to make racing better. when you don't even race. kinda makes you look stupid don't you think. not trying to piss you off just an idea. everyone sees you as somone on the outside looking in. step back and think about it . you get on here and you haven't been out to race in so long. how would you even have the slightest idea about what is going on in the 1/4 scale racing world. how would you know????? maybe if you raced they would take your comments a little more serious. but for now you just look like ace rossi's mini me>> just trying to help you out here.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Wow, now that's an intelligent post. You know, that would hurt my feelings if I valued your opinion...seriously...LOL

Like posted before, it's a public forum with public opinion. Click the red X in the upper righthand corner of this page if my ideas, thoughts and concerns bother you.:thumbsup:[/quote<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Brandon, I'm truely sorry you feel that way. This is not the place to go into a deep conversation about it, but from what I've heard and read, the club couldn't be any better. Nevertheless, you have your opinion about that too.

Since it is related to this thread, just as a suggestion; maybe you should let someone from QSAC reply to my posts? That way, you don't have to get so worked up over my little ole stupid opinion...

yep this is why i don't plan on racing this is also why you will see lpr diminsh over the next couple of years. people like you. you don't race but you have all the answers. didn't ever see you down their this year helping any of the new guys that needed help tell me what it takes keep people interestd in this hobby. i know. oh i forgot you can't even find the track much less help anybody else out!!!!! so many people in the club feel like their opinions don't matter i don't have to worry about it now though!!!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Brandon, I'm truely sorry you feel that way. This is not the place to go into a deep conversation about it, but from what I've heard and read, the club couldn't be any better. Nevertheless, you have your opinion about that too.

Since it is related to this thread, just as a suggestion; maybe you should let someone from QSAC reply to my posts? That way, you don't have to get so worked up over my little ole stupid opinion...

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

you have a blessed day tim

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
I think its a great idea and would help grow the ncs events and take some of the we can't run with the big dogs or throwed to the wolves thinking out of a national event but we allready have 2 car classes don't know how much it would benifit to add a 3rd

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
I think its a great idea and would help grow the ncs events and take some of the we can't run with the big dogs or throwed to the wolves thinking out of a national event but we allready have 2 car classes don't know how much it would benifit to add a 3rd
Most likely you will not have anybody making more than one race on the schedule, but it would add to the car count and make the locals feel more welcome to attend. Now one thought on this is those running ONLY in limited is allow them to purchase the one day membership for that event. That would cut out those thoughts of why should I join and spent this for one event.(Applies to tracks that does not require QSAC membership to race)

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Ok here is you a fact at NCS events the ones that usually compete are the top racers in there classes at the track that's hosting the race the rest of there club racers that don't participate help run it the rest usually won't come it would I think get those guys that don't spend the money and do it just have something to do and enjoy racing no matter were they finish now the problem is the price of a one day event fee when I raced 10th scale think it was 1/3rd the price of a sanctioning bodys yearly membership with the economy the way it is I think QSAC could benefit on a lower 1 time fee and adding the novice class to get the guys that just wana race and have fun a chance to bump elbows with the rest of us because you learn so much from other racers at these events

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think they should have a limited class, My son sat out the MPR NCS race because of only 2 being there.

The only thing is people should know this is for beginners and don't throw a hissy if they get wrecked by some one, because it's a beginner class

move up to another and get wrecked. LOL

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
Well I see good points from just about everyone’s post I have read. And then I have to admit I have seen some pretty crazy ideas as well. BUT. We have to look at ourselves first and ask do we need to make rules to make us do the right thing, or shall we just do what’s right.

At my track people walk up to the tower and sign up. This is a free country and I do not dictate which class they choose to run. They sign up I put them in a heat and we run., pretty straight forward.

Now I have heard in the last 3 years a ton of crap, and excuses as to why people run the classes they choose. I see people that should not run in sportsman run it all the time. My question is to them, does it really make you feel that much better going to a track and beating a bunch of guys that are learning and not up to your level ? I think those people have issues.

Then I have the GN guys wanting to run against the Sportsman? I have 20-25 Sportsman and 10 GN guys. So I sit and ask myself again. If they drop to sportsman their still racing the same 10 guys because those guys are at a much higher level in experience so what was the difference? All they did when moving to Sportsman was bump all the sportsman guys down 10 places, or close to it.

I think a little peer pressure to get they faster dominant sportsman guys to move up. Like I mentioned before do they really feel better about themselves winning each week against lesser-experienced racers? They should be the better person move up and help the less experienced racers get better not make them feel bad by whipping them each week. I do not think rules should be implemented to get people to only do the right thing. I feel we as a group should be able to do that ourselves.

I also feel it should be at a local level for tracks to promote a beginners class. A national event should be just that a place where you go to see how you stack up against your peers. QSAC bi-laws do have a provision to run a “ beginners class” sort of if they choose. I liked the idea of a smaller 1-day membership. I think that would help gain peoples interest into trying it.

At our track I make everyone join QSAC in order to run so not having a membership doesn’t apply I think if more tracks mandated people join the sanctioning body that keeps things in check. That would really mute the 1-day member ship issue.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Maybe the slower beginner drivers should stop moving out of the way and start making the CHERRY PICKERS drive around theme. There is another class to move up to.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts