Hobbyist Forums banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
How about allowing the GN guys to run both Sportsman and GN at National events? If they won't come to us...let us go get them. Wha ha ha!
Yes, why can't you race both classes? When did this rule start, and why?

Let's do it!! :dude:

·
Registered
485 Posts
and fastscott cup cars do run soild rear axles i have bout 14 of them in my shop i can show u a pic...they build the camber into the housing itself...again....jmo
The rear end housings are solid, but they have independent axles and a third member. I believe that's what Scott was saying. I thought the discussion here was based around making sportsman cars handle better and easier to drive and maybe even make it cheaper. A solid axle car won't do any of those things. I think it would be sweet to build some street stock cars with solid axles and use those old buik bodies and stuff!

·
Registered
61 Posts
"I think it would be sweet to build some street stock cars with solid axles and use those old buik bodies and stuff!"

Gee thanks Chance...Let me see...car that handles like a cow on rollerskates, bulky, dorky body, glorified street stock racing...I knew you wanted to run that COT class!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, why can't you race both classes? When did this rule start, and why?

Let's do it!! :dude:

If I remember correctly this rule came about back in the early to mid 90's. Back then there were basically only 3 classes running, GN, sportsman and outlaw (I believe thats what it was called). Sprints were basically non-existant at the National races during this time. The sportsman class was the beginner's class for quarter scale at the time and the guys running it at the nationals races felt like the GN guys were "cherry picking" the class so the rule was put into place. Now the sportsman class isn't considered a beginners class anymore so I not sure the rule is acutally needed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
"I think it would be sweet to build some street stock cars with solid axles and use those old buik bodies and stuff!"

Gee thanks Chance...Let me see...car that handles like a cow on rollerskates, bulky, dorky body, glorified street stock racing...I knew you wanted to run that COT class!

I said it'd be sweet to build and drive them! Not start a class for them! Lol! You know how I feel about cot's , with that wing on there I'm not sure if Its for downforce or to push it around like a shopping cart! I think whoever came up with the cot watched way too much fast and furious movies!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
The Sportsman class was the beginner's class for quarter scale at the time and the guys running it at the nationals races felt like the GN guys were "cherry picking" the class so the rule was put into place. .
Thats funny you said those words. Cherry Picking I see it all the time. I guess its just an inside joke to myself. Its ok Jeff I wont mention anyone's name :lol::roll::roll:

But I do agree in todays setting, there is not a need for the rule anymore. I think with doing away with that particular rule we would see people crossing over to where they should be and the numbers in each of the classes equal out.

Cherry Picking thats funny huh Jeff ? :tongue:

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
No the rule has a place in 1/4 scale racing. It's there for a reason and should only come into play during NCS or QSAC events. So I say let it stand!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Scott, thank you for making me blow coffee out of my nose. Cheapest SOB's on the planet, cows on roller skates, you're killing me!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Car rules

Just to clear things up a little I have been racing 1/4 scale cars. on and off from 1986. back then their was only 3 classes GN or Sportsmen the slower bigger taxi cabs. Then we had Sprints and Super Mods. Sprints just a little slower then the Super Mods. I race all three cars at MRP out behind the back green building off to the left of the current track very small raceway. I also think we have to many classes today compared to back then,
Oh yea I almost forgot Brent thanks for all you have done for our sport. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
247 Posts
change or make any rule you want to the BEST drivers will still win. the only way to stop them is to rule them out of the sport !
there i said something after reading all of this

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
How many clubs or tracks have called up QSAC asking them to change their class rules because they are hurting the local racing? ... LPR hasn't.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Shoot, I got plenty of medication over here. It's called high on life. I have a beautiful family, a great wife, plus wonderful foster children, a home, a job, great friends... shall I go on? :hat:

What medication(s) are you on? Will told me once but I forgot...:p

Oh yeah, I don't know any normal people. Especially on HT...LOL

for you to find your medication and leave all the normal people alone. was that your jacket with no sleves over at lakeland speedway LOL:wave:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Shoot, I got plenty of medication over here. It's called a life. I have a beautiful family, a great wife, plus wonderful foster children, a home, a job, great friends... shall I go on? :hat:

What medication(s) are you on? Will told me once but I forgot...:p
that's great tim good to know your not drunk although it looks like it from some of the post. :wave:

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Yeah, I'm sorry for that. It must be the use of punctuations in my posts that leave that impression? I'll try to do better in my next post....LOL:eek:
that's great tim good to know your not drunk although it looks like it from some of the post. :wave:

101 - 120 of 152 Posts